Nov 1, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
Chances are if you asked a Flyers fan their opinion on Scott Hartnell before the season started or even a few games into the season, you’d get hissed at or a roaring diatribe about how they wanted him sent out of town.
After landing on a line with Jaromir Jagr and Claude Giroux, all of a sudden Hartnell is looking like a key cog to the Flyers’ success. Hartnell had four goals and nine points in the five games he’s played on a line with those two and life is looking good for the left wing. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the word from Hartnell about finding new life.
“Yeah, I had a tough training camp,” Hartnell said. “I didn’t really feel good. My body didn’t feel good … mentally, you start gripping the stick tighter. It’s amazing what one game does.
“Coach put some confidence in you and starts playing you more, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. I did playing with these guys and it’s exciting.”
After Hartnell had spent the last past two seasons playing on a line with Daniel Briere and Ville Leino, finding a new home for him has proven to be difficult. Now, it’s life on easy street. Playing with a breakout star in Giroux and a future Hall Of Famer in Jagr helps make the transition a lot easier and for the Flyers, anything to help them win games while Briere deals with an injury and Ilya Bryzgalov is settling in is a good thing.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)