Nov 1, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Chances are if you asked a Flyers fan their opinion on Scott Hartnell before the season started or even a few games into the season, you’d get hissed at or a roaring diatribe about how they wanted him sent out of town.
After landing on a line with Jaromir Jagr and Claude Giroux, all of a sudden Hartnell is looking like a key cog to the Flyers’ success. Hartnell had four goals and nine points in the five games he’s played on a line with those two and life is looking good for the left wing. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the word from Hartnell about finding new life.
“Yeah, I had a tough training camp,” Hartnell said. “I didn’t really feel good. My body didn’t feel good … mentally, you start gripping the stick tighter. It’s amazing what one game does.
“Coach put some confidence in you and starts playing you more, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. I did playing with these guys and it’s exciting.”
After Hartnell had spent the last past two seasons playing on a line with Daniel Briere and Ville Leino, finding a new home for him has proven to be difficult. Now, it’s life on easy street. Playing with a breakout star in Giroux and a future Hall Of Famer in Jagr helps make the transition a lot easier and for the Flyers, anything to help them win games while Briere deals with an injury and Ilya Bryzgalov is settling in is a good thing.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)