Nov 1, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Chances are if you asked a Flyers fan their opinion on Scott Hartnell before the season started or even a few games into the season, you’d get hissed at or a roaring diatribe about how they wanted him sent out of town.
After landing on a line with Jaromir Jagr and Claude Giroux, all of a sudden Hartnell is looking like a key cog to the Flyers’ success. Hartnell had four goals and nine points in the five games he’s played on a line with those two and life is looking good for the left wing. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the word from Hartnell about finding new life.
“Yeah, I had a tough training camp,” Hartnell said. “I didn’t really feel good. My body didn’t feel good … mentally, you start gripping the stick tighter. It’s amazing what one game does.
“Coach put some confidence in you and starts playing you more, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. I did playing with these guys and it’s exciting.”
After Hartnell had spent the last past two seasons playing on a line with Daniel Briere and Ville Leino, finding a new home for him has proven to be difficult. Now, it’s life on easy street. Playing with a breakout star in Giroux and a future Hall Of Famer in Jagr helps make the transition a lot easier and for the Flyers, anything to help them win games while Briere deals with an injury and Ilya Bryzgalov is settling in is a good thing.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 10
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 8
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 56
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 88
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut