Nov 1, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Chances are if you asked a Flyers fan their opinion on Scott Hartnell before the season started or even a few games into the season, you’d get hissed at or a roaring diatribe about how they wanted him sent out of town.
After landing on a line with Jaromir Jagr and Claude Giroux, all of a sudden Hartnell is looking like a key cog to the Flyers’ success. Hartnell had four goals and nine points in the five games he’s played on a line with those two and life is looking good for the left wing. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the word from Hartnell about finding new life.
“Yeah, I had a tough training camp,” Hartnell said. “I didn’t really feel good. My body didn’t feel good … mentally, you start gripping the stick tighter. It’s amazing what one game does.
“Coach put some confidence in you and starts playing you more, you have to take advantage of that opportunity. I did playing with these guys and it’s exciting.”
After Hartnell had spent the last past two seasons playing on a line with Daniel Briere and Ville Leino, finding a new home for him has proven to be difficult. Now, it’s life on easy street. Playing with a breakout star in Giroux and a future Hall Of Famer in Jagr helps make the transition a lot easier and for the Flyers, anything to help them win games while Briere deals with an injury and Ilya Bryzgalov is settling in is a good thing.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 3
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)