Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Unless you’re an avid fan of the shootout or hockey clips that end up on YouTube, you may not know Linus Omark. But if you pay attention to those types of things, you may know that Omark has one of the best highlight to ice-time ratios in the entire league (yes, that will be an official stat). He may not do much on a given night—but when he does something, usually people take note.
The problem is that he hasn’t done much on the ice recently. Why? Because he’s been a healthy scratch for the last five games in Edmonton. It’s not like the Oilers have been struggling either—the young Oilers are 5-0 in the five games he’s missed. The word is that he’ll be sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL) to get a little more ice-time. The good news is that he will report to the Barons and won’t opt-out to play back home in Sweden.
In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the YouTube highlights that we still have. Hopefully someone has bootlegging capabilities in Oklahoma City; we wouldn’t want to miss out on any of this stuff.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)