Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
Unless you’re an avid fan of the shootout or hockey clips that end up on YouTube, you may not know Linus Omark. But if you pay attention to those types of things, you may know that Omark has one of the best highlight to ice-time ratios in the entire league (yes, that will be an official stat). He may not do much on a given night—but when he does something, usually people take note.
The problem is that he hasn’t done much on the ice recently. Why? Because he’s been a healthy scratch for the last five games in Edmonton. It’s not like the Oilers have been struggling either—the young Oilers are 5-0 in the five games he’s missed. The word is that he’ll be sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL) to get a little more ice-time. The good news is that he will report to the Barons and won’t opt-out to play back home in Sweden.
In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the YouTube highlights that we still have. Hopefully someone has bootlegging capabilities in Oklahoma City; we wouldn’t want to miss out on any of this stuff.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11