Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Unless you’re an avid fan of the shootout or hockey clips that end up on YouTube, you may not know Linus Omark. But if you pay attention to those types of things, you may know that Omark has one of the best highlight to ice-time ratios in the entire league (yes, that will be an official stat). He may not do much on a given night—but when he does something, usually people take note.
The problem is that he hasn’t done much on the ice recently. Why? Because he’s been a healthy scratch for the last five games in Edmonton. It’s not like the Oilers have been struggling either—the young Oilers are 5-0 in the five games he’s missed. The word is that he’ll be sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL) to get a little more ice-time. The good news is that he will report to the Barons and won’t opt-out to play back home in Sweden.
In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the YouTube highlights that we still have. Hopefully someone has bootlegging capabilities in Oklahoma City; we wouldn’t want to miss out on any of this stuff.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)