Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Unless you’re an avid fan of the shootout or hockey clips that end up on YouTube, you may not know Linus Omark. But if you pay attention to those types of things, you may know that Omark has one of the best highlight to ice-time ratios in the entire league (yes, that will be an official stat). He may not do much on a given night—but when he does something, usually people take note.
The problem is that he hasn’t done much on the ice recently. Why? Because he’s been a healthy scratch for the last five games in Edmonton. It’s not like the Oilers have been struggling either—the young Oilers are 5-0 in the five games he’s missed. The word is that he’ll be sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL) to get a little more ice-time. The good news is that he will report to the Barons and won’t opt-out to play back home in Sweden.
In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the YouTube highlights that we still have. Hopefully someone has bootlegging capabilities in Oklahoma City; we wouldn’t want to miss out on any of this stuff.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5