Nov 1, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Unless you’re an avid fan of the shootout or hockey clips that end up on YouTube, you may not know Linus Omark. But if you pay attention to those types of things, you may know that Omark has one of the best highlight to ice-time ratios in the entire league (yes, that will be an official stat). He may not do much on a given night—but when he does something, usually people take note.
The problem is that he hasn’t done much on the ice recently. Why? Because he’s been a healthy scratch for the last five games in Edmonton. It’s not like the Oilers have been struggling either—the young Oilers are 5-0 in the five games he’s missed. The word is that he’ll be sent down to Oklahoma City (AHL) to get a little more ice-time. The good news is that he will report to the Barons and won’t opt-out to play back home in Sweden.
In the meantime, we can continue to enjoy the YouTube highlights that we still have. Hopefully someone has bootlegging capabilities in Oklahoma City; we wouldn’t want to miss out on any of this stuff.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)