Nov 1, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Columbus is keeping Ryan Johansen instead of sending the 19-year-old forward back to junior.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced the decision today on Twitter.
Johansen, the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft, has two goals and two assists in nine games.
On Sunday, he scored the winning goal in the Jackets’ 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
“I’ve been clawing away at every opportunity I get,” he said after the game.
Want more Johansen? Of course you do. Here’s the rookie talking about Sunday’s win over the Ducks, as well as the tough start for the Jackets.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32