Nov 1, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
Columbus is keeping Ryan Johansen instead of sending the 19-year-old forward back to junior.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced the decision today on Twitter.
Johansen, the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft, has two goals and two assists in nine games.
On Sunday, he scored the winning goal in the Jackets’ 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
“I’ve been clawing away at every opportunity I get,” he said after the game.
Want more Johansen? Of course you do. Here’s the rookie talking about Sunday’s win over the Ducks, as well as the tough start for the Jackets.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 17
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5