Nov 1, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Columbus is keeping Ryan Johansen instead of sending the 19-year-old forward back to junior.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced the decision today on Twitter.
Johansen, the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft, has two goals and two assists in nine games.
On Sunday, he scored the winning goal in the Jackets’ 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
“I’ve been clawing away at every opportunity I get,” he said after the game.
Want more Johansen? Of course you do. Here’s the rookie talking about Sunday’s win over the Ducks, as well as the tough start for the Jackets.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)