Nov 1, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
Columbus is keeping Ryan Johansen instead of sending the 19-year-old forward back to junior.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced the decision today on Twitter.
Johansen, the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft, has two goals and two assists in nine games.
On Sunday, he scored the winning goal in the Jackets’ 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
“I’ve been clawing away at every opportunity I get,” he said after the game.
Want more Johansen? Of course you do. Here’s the rookie talking about Sunday’s win over the Ducks, as well as the tough start for the Jackets.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)