Nov 1, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
Columbus is keeping Ryan Johansen instead of sending the 19-year-old forward back to junior.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson announced the decision today on Twitter.
Johansen, the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft, has two goals and two assists in nine games.
On Sunday, he scored the winning goal in the Jackets’ 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
“I’ve been clawing away at every opportunity I get,” he said after the game.
Want more Johansen? Of course you do. Here’s the rookie talking about Sunday’s win over the Ducks, as well as the tough start for the Jackets.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)