Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Sidelined Capitals defenseman Mike Green went for a skate today and though he wasn’t specific about his return date, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be out much longer with a twisted ankle.
“Felt good. Day to day here but today was a good day for me. I finally got out there, so hopefully be back soon,” said Green, as reported by the Washington Post. “If I feel good enough to play, I’ll play. There’s no date set yet, I want to make sure I take care of it.”
Green has missed the last two games, both Washington losses. He’ll also miss tonight’s game against the Ducks.
“I think I’ll need one good practice — I don’t want to be bag skating too long,” he said. “One good practice, I think I’ll be fine it’s more about the game, the speed of the game. The quicker I can get into that situation the better I’ll be in the long run.”
The Caps practice tomorrow and coach Bruce Boudreau expects Green to be there. Washington plays Friday in Carolina and Saturday on Long Island.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 17
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 71
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 94
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)