Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Sidelined Capitals defenseman Mike Green went for a skate today and though he wasn’t specific about his return date, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be out much longer with a twisted ankle.
“Felt good. Day to day here but today was a good day for me. I finally got out there, so hopefully be back soon,” said Green, as reported by the Washington Post. “If I feel good enough to play, I’ll play. There’s no date set yet, I want to make sure I take care of it.”
Green has missed the last two games, both Washington losses. He’ll also miss tonight’s game against the Ducks.
“I think I’ll need one good practice — I don’t want to be bag skating too long,” he said. “One good practice, I think I’ll be fine it’s more about the game, the speed of the game. The quicker I can get into that situation the better I’ll be in the long run.”
The Caps practice tomorrow and coach Bruce Boudreau expects Green to be there. Washington plays Friday in Carolina and Saturday on Long Island.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5