Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Sidelined Capitals defenseman Mike Green went for a skate today and though he wasn’t specific about his return date, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be out much longer with a twisted ankle.
“Felt good. Day to day here but today was a good day for me. I finally got out there, so hopefully be back soon,” said Green, as reported by the Washington Post. “If I feel good enough to play, I’ll play. There’s no date set yet, I want to make sure I take care of it.”
Green has missed the last two games, both Washington losses. He’ll also miss tonight’s game against the Ducks.
“I think I’ll need one good practice — I don’t want to be bag skating too long,” he said. “One good practice, I think I’ll be fine it’s more about the game, the speed of the game. The quicker I can get into that situation the better I’ll be in the long run.”
The Caps practice tomorrow and coach Bruce Boudreau expects Green to be there. Washington plays Friday in Carolina and Saturday on Long Island.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7