Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Sidelined Capitals defenseman Mike Green went for a skate today and though he wasn’t specific about his return date, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be out much longer with a twisted ankle.
“Felt good. Day to day here but today was a good day for me. I finally got out there, so hopefully be back soon,” said Green, as reported by the Washington Post. “If I feel good enough to play, I’ll play. There’s no date set yet, I want to make sure I take care of it.”
Green has missed the last two games, both Washington losses. He’ll also miss tonight’s game against the Ducks.
“I think I’ll need one good practice — I don’t want to be bag skating too long,” he said. “One good practice, I think I’ll be fine it’s more about the game, the speed of the game. The quicker I can get into that situation the better I’ll be in the long run.”
The Caps practice tomorrow and coach Bruce Boudreau expects Green to be there. Washington plays Friday in Carolina and Saturday on Long Island.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)