Nov 1, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Sidelined Capitals defenseman Mike Green went for a skate today and though he wasn’t specific about his return date, it doesn’t sound like he’ll be out much longer with a twisted ankle.
“Felt good. Day to day here but today was a good day for me. I finally got out there, so hopefully be back soon,” said Green, as reported by the Washington Post. “If I feel good enough to play, I’ll play. There’s no date set yet, I want to make sure I take care of it.”
Green has missed the last two games, both Washington losses. He’ll also miss tonight’s game against the Ducks.
“I think I’ll need one good practice — I don’t want to be bag skating too long,” he said. “One good practice, I think I’ll be fine it’s more about the game, the speed of the game. The quicker I can get into that situation the better I’ll be in the long run.”
The Caps practice tomorrow and coach Bruce Boudreau expects Green to be there. Washington plays Friday in Carolina and Saturday on Long Island.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 3
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 25
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 36
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)