Nov 1, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
You know the movie “Face Off?”
No, not the one where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage trade faces and they expect us to believe it’s possible.
I’m talking about “Face Off” – it’s a hockey movie.
What, you’ve never heard of it?
Yeah, neither have I. But apparently it’s a Canadian movie that came out in 1971 and it’s being released on DVD/Blu-ray later this month.
Here’s how IMDB describes the film:
Love story involving a Canadian professional hockey player (Billy Duke) and a hippie folk singer (Sherry Nelson). Their union is tumultuous, as both try to come to terms with their differences in careers and lifestyles. They realize too late that they both love each other.
“Face Off” also features cameos from the likes of Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, George Armstrong, Derek Sanderson and Darryl Sittler.
Let’s check out the trailer.
“All about fighting your way to the top…and finding no one there.”
Greatest movie tagline in history? Greatest movie tagline in history.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)