Nov 1, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
You know the movie “Face Off?”
No, not the one where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage trade faces and they expect us to believe it’s possible.
I’m talking about “Face Off” – it’s a hockey movie.
What, you’ve never heard of it?
Yeah, neither have I. But apparently it’s a Canadian movie that came out in 1971 and it’s being released on DVD/Blu-ray later this month.
Here’s how IMDB describes the film:
Love story involving a Canadian professional hockey player (Billy Duke) and a hippie folk singer (Sherry Nelson). Their union is tumultuous, as both try to come to terms with their differences in careers and lifestyles. They realize too late that they both love each other.
“Face Off” also features cameos from the likes of Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, George Armstrong, Derek Sanderson and Darryl Sittler.
Let’s check out the trailer.
“All about fighting your way to the top…and finding no one there.”
Greatest movie tagline in history? Greatest movie tagline in history.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)