Nov 1, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
You know the movie “Face Off?”
No, not the one where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage trade faces and they expect us to believe it’s possible.
I’m talking about “Face Off” – it’s a hockey movie.
What, you’ve never heard of it?
Yeah, neither have I. But apparently it’s a Canadian movie that came out in 1971 and it’s being released on DVD/Blu-ray later this month.
Here’s how IMDB describes the film:
Love story involving a Canadian professional hockey player (Billy Duke) and a hippie folk singer (Sherry Nelson). Their union is tumultuous, as both try to come to terms with their differences in careers and lifestyles. They realize too late that they both love each other.
“Face Off” also features cameos from the likes of Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, George Armstrong, Derek Sanderson and Darryl Sittler.
Let’s check out the trailer.
“All about fighting your way to the top…and finding no one there.”
Greatest movie tagline in history? Greatest movie tagline in history.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)