Nov 1, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
You know the movie “Face Off?”
No, not the one where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage trade faces and they expect us to believe it’s possible.
I’m talking about “Face Off” – it’s a hockey movie.
What, you’ve never heard of it?
Yeah, neither have I. But apparently it’s a Canadian movie that came out in 1971 and it’s being released on DVD/Blu-ray later this month.
Here’s how IMDB describes the film:
Love story involving a Canadian professional hockey player (Billy Duke) and a hippie folk singer (Sherry Nelson). Their union is tumultuous, as both try to come to terms with their differences in careers and lifestyles. They realize too late that they both love each other.
“Face Off” also features cameos from the likes of Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, George Armstrong, Derek Sanderson and Darryl Sittler.
Let’s check out the trailer.
“All about fighting your way to the top…and finding no one there.”
Greatest movie tagline in history? Greatest movie tagline in history.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 0
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 3
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 57
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (57)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)