Nov 1, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
You know the movie “Face Off?”
No, not the one where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage trade faces and they expect us to believe it’s possible.
I’m talking about “Face Off” – it’s a hockey movie.
What, you’ve never heard of it?
Yeah, neither have I. But apparently it’s a Canadian movie that came out in 1971 and it’s being released on DVD/Blu-ray later this month.
Here’s how IMDB describes the film:
Love story involving a Canadian professional hockey player (Billy Duke) and a hippie folk singer (Sherry Nelson). Their union is tumultuous, as both try to come to terms with their differences in careers and lifestyles. They realize too late that they both love each other.
“Face Off” also features cameos from the likes of Jean Beliveau, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, George Armstrong, Derek Sanderson and Darryl Sittler.
Let’s check out the trailer.
“All about fighting your way to the top…and finding no one there.”
Greatest movie tagline in history? Greatest movie tagline in history.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 7
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 18
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)