Nov 1, 2011, 12:17 AM EDT
As usual, the Nashville Predators gave them a great fight, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed a 5-4 overtime win thanks to great work by Patrick Kane (two goals, one assist) and a nice game-winner by Viktor Stalberg. (See the bottom of this post for that overtime clincher.)
That victory didn’t come without its drawbacks, though. Duncan Keith is day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” according to Chris Kuc. Judging from the replays I’ve seen, it looked like he probably suffered a hand injury from a blocked shot.
Keith might not be the hardest hitting defenseman in the NHL, but he’s among the most durable. He only missed six games in his first six seasons in the league, with five of those coming in 2008-09. Keith most famously played during the 2010 playoffs after losing some teeth from a high stick, earning the wonderful nickname “Duncan Teeth.”
Naturally, it’s not always about toughness, though. If Keith is better off resting it and coming back closer to 100 percent, then that should be the way to go. It would still be surprising to see him to miss much time, but we’ll be on the lookout for updates.
In the mean time, Blackhawks fans can console themselves with this clip of the Stalberg goal.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)