Nov 1, 2011, 12:17 AM EDT
As usual, the Nashville Predators gave them a great fight, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed a 5-4 overtime win thanks to great work by Patrick Kane (two goals, one assist) and a nice game-winner by Viktor Stalberg. (See the bottom of this post for that overtime clincher.)
That victory didn’t come without its drawbacks, though. Duncan Keith is day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” according to Chris Kuc. Judging from the replays I’ve seen, it looked like he probably suffered a hand injury from a blocked shot.
Keith might not be the hardest hitting defenseman in the NHL, but he’s among the most durable. He only missed six games in his first six seasons in the league, with five of those coming in 2008-09. Keith most famously played during the 2010 playoffs after losing some teeth from a high stick, earning the wonderful nickname “Duncan Teeth.”
Naturally, it’s not always about toughness, though. If Keith is better off resting it and coming back closer to 100 percent, then that should be the way to go. It would still be surprising to see him to miss much time, but we’ll be on the lookout for updates.
In the mean time, Blackhawks fans can console themselves with this clip of the Stalberg goal.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)