Nov 1, 2011, 12:17 AM EDT
As usual, the Nashville Predators gave them a great fight, but the Chicago Blackhawks managed a 5-4 overtime win thanks to great work by Patrick Kane (two goals, one assist) and a nice game-winner by Viktor Stalberg. (See the bottom of this post for that overtime clincher.)
That victory didn’t come without its drawbacks, though. Duncan Keith is day-to-day with an “upper body injury,” according to Chris Kuc. Judging from the replays I’ve seen, it looked like he probably suffered a hand injury from a blocked shot.
Keith might not be the hardest hitting defenseman in the NHL, but he’s among the most durable. He only missed six games in his first six seasons in the league, with five of those coming in 2008-09. Keith most famously played during the 2010 playoffs after losing some teeth from a high stick, earning the wonderful nickname “Duncan Teeth.”
Naturally, it’s not always about toughness, though. If Keith is better off resting it and coming back closer to 100 percent, then that should be the way to go. It would still be surprising to see him to miss much time, but we’ll be on the lookout for updates.
In the mean time, Blackhawks fans can console themselves with this clip of the Stalberg goal.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)