Nov 1, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Tennis great Andre Agassi dressed up as Mr. T for Halloween…and he didn’t skimp on the skin color.
Australian tennis coach Darren Cahill posted the picture of Agassi and Cahill’s wife (dressed up as a white woman) on Twitter earlier today. The picture quickly ended up on Deadspin, which made the obvious connection to Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torris, who you’ll recall sported a similar look a couple of days ago.
Anyway, I did a Google search to see what the internet was saying about the picture, but all I could find was this story about Agassi’s foundation raising $26.1 million for the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, a school that “works to provide underserved children in Las Vegas with a first-class K-12 education to prepare them for excellence in college and beyond.”
Here’s a picture of Agassi with one of the school’s graduates:
Here are some other students:
This appears to be a teacher:
Of course, Agassi doesn’t get a free pass just because he helps black kids get an education. If you think what Torres did was wrong, what Agassi did has to be wrong as well. But it sure makes it hard to call Agassi insensitive to blacks.
Sometimes I wish every issue was black and white. (That wasn’t racist, was it?)
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)