Nov 1, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
Tennis great Andre Agassi dressed up as Mr. T for Halloween…and he didn’t skimp on the skin color.
Australian tennis coach Darren Cahill posted the picture of Agassi and Cahill’s wife (dressed up as a white woman) on Twitter earlier today. The picture quickly ended up on Deadspin, which made the obvious connection to Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torris, who you’ll recall sported a similar look a couple of days ago.
Anyway, I did a Google search to see what the internet was saying about the picture, but all I could find was this story about Agassi’s foundation raising $26.1 million for the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy, a school that “works to provide underserved children in Las Vegas with a first-class K-12 education to prepare them for excellence in college and beyond.”
Here’s a picture of Agassi with one of the school’s graduates:
Here are some other students:
This appears to be a teacher:
Of course, Agassi doesn’t get a free pass just because he helps black kids get an education. If you think what Torres did was wrong, what Agassi did has to be wrong as well. But it sure makes it hard to call Agassi insensitive to blacks.
Sometimes I wish every issue was black and white. (That wasn’t racist, was it?)
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)