Oct 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
You know you’ve made a great save on the road when you can either fake out the guy running the goal horn or the guys running the spotlights in house. Jaroslav Halak was able to do the latter in the third period of the Blues’ 4-2 loss to Edmonton at Rexall Place.
Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall skated in on Halak on a two-on-none break for what you’d think would amount to an automatic goal. Not so fast, friends. Halak kicked away Hall’s one-timer much to the dismay of the spotlight operator who already started celebrating.
Premature illumination is a problem that affects many out there. Have some concern for the poor guy.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6