Oct 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
You know you’ve made a great save on the road when you can either fake out the guy running the goal horn or the guys running the spotlights in house. Jaroslav Halak was able to do the latter in the third period of the Blues’ 4-2 loss to Edmonton at Rexall Place.
Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall skated in on Halak on a two-on-none break for what you’d think would amount to an automatic goal. Not so fast, friends. Halak kicked away Hall’s one-timer much to the dismay of the spotlight operator who already started celebrating.
Premature illumination is a problem that affects many out there. Have some concern for the poor guy.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 4
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 17
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)