Oct 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
You know you’ve made a great save on the road when you can either fake out the guy running the goal horn or the guys running the spotlights in house. Jaroslav Halak was able to do the latter in the third period of the Blues’ 4-2 loss to Edmonton at Rexall Place.
Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall skated in on Halak on a two-on-none break for what you’d think would amount to an automatic goal. Not so fast, friends. Halak kicked away Hall’s one-timer much to the dismay of the spotlight operator who already started celebrating.
Premature illumination is a problem that affects many out there. Have some concern for the poor guy.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)