Oct 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
You know you’ve made a great save on the road when you can either fake out the guy running the goal horn or the guys running the spotlights in house. Jaroslav Halak was able to do the latter in the third period of the Blues’ 4-2 loss to Edmonton at Rexall Place.
Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall skated in on Halak on a two-on-none break for what you’d think would amount to an automatic goal. Not so fast, friends. Halak kicked away Hall’s one-timer much to the dismay of the spotlight operator who already started celebrating.
Premature illumination is a problem that affects many out there. Have some concern for the poor guy.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16