Oct 31, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
You know you’ve made a great save on the road when you can either fake out the guy running the goal horn or the guys running the spotlights in house. Jaroslav Halak was able to do the latter in the third period of the Blues’ 4-2 loss to Edmonton at Rexall Place.
Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall skated in on Halak on a two-on-none break for what you’d think would amount to an automatic goal. Not so fast, friends. Halak kicked away Hall’s one-timer much to the dismay of the spotlight operator who already started celebrating.
Premature illumination is a problem that affects many out there. Have some concern for the poor guy.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)