Oct 31, 2011, 9:46 AM EST
Who doesn’t enjoy hearing from Ilya Bryzgalov these days? The Flyers’ Russian star goaltender has been a hit with fans and the media since joining Philadelphia and with good reason, the guy makes a great quote for reporters. Now, the media is going to have to pray for Bryzgalov to start every game from here on out if they want to hear from him.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com finds out that Bryzgalov has requested to talk to the media only after games in which he’s played. Carchidi notes that this decision likely came from the Flyers but it’s not going to make us any happier.
While this is a bummer for the Philly scribes, it’s been the post-game scrums where Bryzgalov has been a true superstar talking about how he was “lost in the woods” after Philly’s 9-8 loss to Winnipeg and then acting like he was on top of the world just a game later.
Riding the Bryz quote roller coaster is a world of fun and the guy is the perfect personality for us fans to deal with. He says what he’s thinking, he says it in funny ways, and he’s forever famous for commenting on Edmonton weather.
Why we have to be sad? Sad because Bryz will only be giving us his pearls of thought ever so rarely now.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)