Oct 31, 2011, 9:46 AM EDT
Who doesn’t enjoy hearing from Ilya Bryzgalov these days? The Flyers’ Russian star goaltender has been a hit with fans and the media since joining Philadelphia and with good reason, the guy makes a great quote for reporters. Now, the media is going to have to pray for Bryzgalov to start every game from here on out if they want to hear from him.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com finds out that Bryzgalov has requested to talk to the media only after games in which he’s played. Carchidi notes that this decision likely came from the Flyers but it’s not going to make us any happier.
While this is a bummer for the Philly scribes, it’s been the post-game scrums where Bryzgalov has been a true superstar talking about how he was “lost in the woods” after Philly’s 9-8 loss to Winnipeg and then acting like he was on top of the world just a game later.
Riding the Bryz quote roller coaster is a world of fun and the guy is the perfect personality for us fans to deal with. He says what he’s thinking, he says it in funny ways, and he’s forever famous for commenting on Edmonton weather.
Why we have to be sad? Sad because Bryz will only be giving us his pearls of thought ever so rarely now.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 10
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)