Oct 31, 2011, 9:46 AM EST
Who doesn’t enjoy hearing from Ilya Bryzgalov these days? The Flyers’ Russian star goaltender has been a hit with fans and the media since joining Philadelphia and with good reason, the guy makes a great quote for reporters. Now, the media is going to have to pray for Bryzgalov to start every game from here on out if they want to hear from him.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com finds out that Bryzgalov has requested to talk to the media only after games in which he’s played. Carchidi notes that this decision likely came from the Flyers but it’s not going to make us any happier.
While this is a bummer for the Philly scribes, it’s been the post-game scrums where Bryzgalov has been a true superstar talking about how he was “lost in the woods” after Philly’s 9-8 loss to Winnipeg and then acting like he was on top of the world just a game later.
Riding the Bryz quote roller coaster is a world of fun and the guy is the perfect personality for us fans to deal with. He says what he’s thinking, he says it in funny ways, and he’s forever famous for commenting on Edmonton weather.
Why we have to be sad? Sad because Bryz will only be giving us his pearls of thought ever so rarely now.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 4
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 21
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)