Oct 31, 2011, 9:46 AM EDT
Who doesn’t enjoy hearing from Ilya Bryzgalov these days? The Flyers’ Russian star goaltender has been a hit with fans and the media since joining Philadelphia and with good reason, the guy makes a great quote for reporters. Now, the media is going to have to pray for Bryzgalov to start every game from here on out if they want to hear from him.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com finds out that Bryzgalov has requested to talk to the media only after games in which he’s played. Carchidi notes that this decision likely came from the Flyers but it’s not going to make us any happier.
While this is a bummer for the Philly scribes, it’s been the post-game scrums where Bryzgalov has been a true superstar talking about how he was “lost in the woods” after Philly’s 9-8 loss to Winnipeg and then acting like he was on top of the world just a game later.
Riding the Bryz quote roller coaster is a world of fun and the guy is the perfect personality for us fans to deal with. He says what he’s thinking, he says it in funny ways, and he’s forever famous for commenting on Edmonton weather.
Why we have to be sad? Sad because Bryz will only be giving us his pearls of thought ever so rarely now.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 10
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 66
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (103)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)