Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Even though Johan Hedberg has been holding things down just fine for New Jersey, Martin Brodeur is back and ready for action. After dealing with a nagging shoulder ailment, Brodeur is feeling better and has been taken off of injured reserve.
Brodeur comes back to a team that has seen the backup goalie carry the team in his absence and with a pair of older guys taking care of things, the Devils are in a nice comfort zone. That said, with how Hedberg has played are the Devils even going to notice that Brodeur is back?
Hedberg has given up just 18 goals in eight games and is rocking a save percentage of .924 while holding down the fort. Those are comparable to the kinds of numbers the Devils would love to see Brodeur put up at age 39 and similar to what Brodeur did back in 2009-2010 as a Vezina Trophy finalist.
In short, Hedberg has been awesome and if they can keep things cruising along the same way with both guys, the Devils are going to do just fine. Now if they can just figure out their power play maybe they’ll be in business.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)