Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Even though Johan Hedberg has been holding things down just fine for New Jersey, Martin Brodeur is back and ready for action. After dealing with a nagging shoulder ailment, Brodeur is feeling better and has been taken off of injured reserve.
Brodeur comes back to a team that has seen the backup goalie carry the team in his absence and with a pair of older guys taking care of things, the Devils are in a nice comfort zone. That said, with how Hedberg has played are the Devils even going to notice that Brodeur is back?
Hedberg has given up just 18 goals in eight games and is rocking a save percentage of .924 while holding down the fort. Those are comparable to the kinds of numbers the Devils would love to see Brodeur put up at age 39 and similar to what Brodeur did back in 2009-2010 as a Vezina Trophy finalist.
In short, Hedberg has been awesome and if they can keep things cruising along the same way with both guys, the Devils are going to do just fine. Now if they can just figure out their power play maybe they’ll be in business.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)