Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Even though Johan Hedberg has been holding things down just fine for New Jersey, Martin Brodeur is back and ready for action. After dealing with a nagging shoulder ailment, Brodeur is feeling better and has been taken off of injured reserve.
Brodeur comes back to a team that has seen the backup goalie carry the team in his absence and with a pair of older guys taking care of things, the Devils are in a nice comfort zone. That said, with how Hedberg has played are the Devils even going to notice that Brodeur is back?
Hedberg has given up just 18 goals in eight games and is rocking a save percentage of .924 while holding down the fort. Those are comparable to the kinds of numbers the Devils would love to see Brodeur put up at age 39 and similar to what Brodeur did back in 2009-2010 as a Vezina Trophy finalist.
In short, Hedberg has been awesome and if they can keep things cruising along the same way with both guys, the Devils are going to do just fine. Now if they can just figure out their power play maybe they’ll be in business.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)