Oct 31, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Even though Johan Hedberg has been holding things down just fine for New Jersey, Martin Brodeur is back and ready for action. After dealing with a nagging shoulder ailment, Brodeur is feeling better and has been taken off of injured reserve.
Brodeur comes back to a team that has seen the backup goalie carry the team in his absence and with a pair of older guys taking care of things, the Devils are in a nice comfort zone. That said, with how Hedberg has played are the Devils even going to notice that Brodeur is back?
Hedberg has given up just 18 goals in eight games and is rocking a save percentage of .924 while holding down the fort. Those are comparable to the kinds of numbers the Devils would love to see Brodeur put up at age 39 and similar to what Brodeur did back in 2009-2010 as a Vezina Trophy finalist.
In short, Hedberg has been awesome and if they can keep things cruising along the same way with both guys, the Devils are going to do just fine. Now if they can just figure out their power play maybe they’ll be in business.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)