Oct 31, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Does “bulletin board material” have an expiration date?
We might just find out the next time the San Jose Sharks and New York Rangers meet, as Joe Thornton provided this stunning bit of criticism to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz.
This is an especially surprising critique considering the fact that the Rangers handled the Sharks by a score of 5-2 while out-shooting Thornton & Co. 31-26.
Maybe Thornton is mad that his team fell one win short of a perfect six-game road trip. Perhaps Jumbo Joe is upset that the Sharks are still looking up at the Dallas Stars and Los Angeles Kings in the Pacific Division despite that impressive stretch of away games. Of course, he could just be frustrated with his own efforts; one of the enduring images of Monday’s contest was Dan Girardi‘s alert poke check on a Thornton one-timer pass.
The only way the Rangers can get direct revenge is if the two teams meet in the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Otherwise it’s one of those things that could easily get lost in the shuffle – at least until a reporter reminds everyone whenever the two squads square off again.
John Tortorella shouldn’t wait to yield some solid motivation from Thornton’s words, though.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 33
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 19
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 31
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 105
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (105)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement