Oct 31, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
It’s not going to be too much of a shock that Sidney Crosby announced that he’s not going to play this week against the Sharks or Kings. After all, a couple of snazzy PHT writers already told you that on NBC Sports Talk on Versus.
Looking at the Penguins’ schedule and the progress Crosby has made since being allowed to take bumps in practice, the Penguins will have almost a full week off between their game in Los Angeles on November 6 and their home game against the Dallas Stars on November 11.
Getting such a declarative statement from Crosby about whether or not he’s going to play given that there have been no hints from the team about how close he is plays like a giant signal to us that he is indeed getting very close to playing.
Speculation has been growing that that home game against the Stars is the tentative date which Crosby’s return to action could happen. With further speculation saying that the Penguins would like to have his first game back to be at home, that puts the 11th against Dallas or the 15th against Colorado as the two soonest possibilities.
After 10 months away from the game, we’re all anxious as to when Crosby will be back, but it’s our suspicion that our time for waiting will be at an end in the next two weeks.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)