Oct 31, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
It’s not going to be too much of a shock that Sidney Crosby announced that he’s not going to play this week against the Sharks or Kings. After all, a couple of snazzy PHT writers already told you that on NBC Sports Talk on Versus.
Looking at the Penguins’ schedule and the progress Crosby has made since being allowed to take bumps in practice, the Penguins will have almost a full week off between their game in Los Angeles on November 6 and their home game against the Dallas Stars on November 11.
Getting such a declarative statement from Crosby about whether or not he’s going to play given that there have been no hints from the team about how close he is plays like a giant signal to us that he is indeed getting very close to playing.
Speculation has been growing that that home game against the Stars is the tentative date which Crosby’s return to action could happen. With further speculation saying that the Penguins would like to have his first game back to be at home, that puts the 11th against Dallas or the 15th against Colorado as the two soonest possibilities.
After 10 months away from the game, we’re all anxious as to when Crosby will be back, but it’s our suspicion that our time for waiting will be at an end in the next two weeks.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54