Oct 31, 2011, 12:51 PM EST
It’s not going to be too much of a shock that Sidney Crosby announced that he’s not going to play this week against the Sharks or Kings. After all, a couple of snazzy PHT writers already told you that on NBC Sports Talk on Versus.
Looking at the Penguins’ schedule and the progress Crosby has made since being allowed to take bumps in practice, the Penguins will have almost a full week off between their game in Los Angeles on November 6 and their home game against the Dallas Stars on November 11.
Getting such a declarative statement from Crosby about whether or not he’s going to play given that there have been no hints from the team about how close he is plays like a giant signal to us that he is indeed getting very close to playing.
Speculation has been growing that that home game against the Stars is the tentative date which Crosby’s return to action could happen. With further speculation saying that the Penguins would like to have his first game back to be at home, that puts the 11th against Dallas or the 15th against Colorado as the two soonest possibilities.
After 10 months away from the game, we’re all anxious as to when Crosby will be back, but it’s our suspicion that our time for waiting will be at an end in the next two weeks.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)