Oct 31, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
It’s not going to be too much of a shock that Sidney Crosby announced that he’s not going to play this week against the Sharks or Kings. After all, a couple of snazzy PHT writers already told you that on NBC Sports Talk on Versus.
Looking at the Penguins’ schedule and the progress Crosby has made since being allowed to take bumps in practice, the Penguins will have almost a full week off between their game in Los Angeles on November 6 and their home game against the Dallas Stars on November 11.
Getting such a declarative statement from Crosby about whether or not he’s going to play given that there have been no hints from the team about how close he is plays like a giant signal to us that he is indeed getting very close to playing.
Speculation has been growing that that home game against the Stars is the tentative date which Crosby’s return to action could happen. With further speculation saying that the Penguins would like to have his first game back to be at home, that puts the 11th against Dallas or the 15th against Colorado as the two soonest possibilities.
After 10 months away from the game, we’re all anxious as to when Crosby will be back, but it’s our suspicion that our time for waiting will be at an end in the next two weeks.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)