Oct 31, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT
It’s not going to be too much of a shock that Sidney Crosby announced that he’s not going to play this week against the Sharks or Kings. After all, a couple of snazzy PHT writers already told you that on NBC Sports Talk on Versus.
Looking at the Penguins’ schedule and the progress Crosby has made since being allowed to take bumps in practice, the Penguins will have almost a full week off between their game in Los Angeles on November 6 and their home game against the Dallas Stars on November 11.
Getting such a declarative statement from Crosby about whether or not he’s going to play given that there have been no hints from the team about how close he is plays like a giant signal to us that he is indeed getting very close to playing.
Speculation has been growing that that home game against the Stars is the tentative date which Crosby’s return to action could happen. With further speculation saying that the Penguins would like to have his first game back to be at home, that puts the 11th against Dallas or the 15th against Colorado as the two soonest possibilities.
After 10 months away from the game, we’re all anxious as to when Crosby will be back, but it’s our suspicion that our time for waiting will be at an end in the next two weeks.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)