Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
If you read between the fuzzy concussion-related lines of today’s first Daniel Alfredsson–related post, it was probably already obvious that the Ottawa Senators captain will be out for some time. The exact amount of time is still indefinite, but the floor is clear now: he’ll miss at least one week according to GM Bryan Murray.
Going by that metric, Alf will miss at least three games: a road contest against Boston (Nov. 1) and home games against Montreal (Nov. 4) and Buffalo (Nov. 5). If it goes beyond a week, the next concern would be a Nov. 9 contest against the Rangers in Ottawa.
As Joe wrote, the surging Senators will miss their captain. He has four goals and three assists for seven points in 10 games so far this season. Alfredsson isn’t the elite player he once was, but his defensive savvy and skills remain important to an Ottawa team that still won’t scare anyone on paper.
At this point, you’re probably aware that concussions can be a big mystery. We’ll keep an eye on this situation and pass along updates as the trickle in.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)