Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EST
If you read between the fuzzy concussion-related lines of today’s first Daniel Alfredsson-related post, it was probably already obvious that the Ottawa Senators captain will be out for some time. The exact amount of time is still indefinite, but the floor is clear now: he’ll miss at least one week according to GM Bryan Murray.
Going by that metric, Alf will miss at least three games: a road contest against Boston (Nov. 1) and home games against Montreal (Nov. 4) and Buffalo (Nov. 5). If it goes beyond a week, the next concern would be a Nov. 9 contest against the Rangers in Ottawa.
As Joe wrote, the surging Senators will miss their captain. He has four goals and three assists for seven points in 10 games so far this season. Alfredsson isn’t the elite player he once was, but his defensive savvy and skills remain important to an Ottawa team that still won’t scare anyone on paper.
At this point, you’re probably aware that concussions can be a big mystery. We’ll keep an eye on this situation and pass along updates as the trickle in.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 69
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (70)