Oct 31, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
If you read between the fuzzy concussion-related lines of today’s first Daniel Alfredsson–related post, it was probably already obvious that the Ottawa Senators captain will be out for some time. The exact amount of time is still indefinite, but the floor is clear now: he’ll miss at least one week according to GM Bryan Murray.
Going by that metric, Alf will miss at least three games: a road contest against Boston (Nov. 1) and home games against Montreal (Nov. 4) and Buffalo (Nov. 5). If it goes beyond a week, the next concern would be a Nov. 9 contest against the Rangers in Ottawa.
As Joe wrote, the surging Senators will miss their captain. He has four goals and three assists for seven points in 10 games so far this season. Alfredsson isn’t the elite player he once was, but his defensive savvy and skills remain important to an Ottawa team that still won’t scare anyone on paper.
At this point, you’re probably aware that concussions can be a big mystery. We’ll keep an eye on this situation and pass along updates as the trickle in.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)