Oct 30, 2011, 8:49 PM EST
When the Ducks (losers in two of the last three) and Blue Jackets (dead last in overall standings) were set to face each other this evening, most expected a fairly testy affair.
Well it’s certainly been testy…and then some.
Regardless of the final outcome, the story of this game will be the fisticuffs. The two teams combined for eight fighting majors and 54 penalty minutes in the first two periods alone, though to be accurate all the fighting occurred in a span of 26:39. We here at PHT are nothing if not accurate when it comes to time counts.
That bout was followed by a rather unexpected brawl — Andrew Cogliano vs. Kris Russell. According to hockeyfights.com, this is just the third scrap of Cogliano’s career and the fifth of Russell’s. (Translation: Get ready for some visor-fueled grappling.)
Finally, Dorsett vs. Brookbank II occurs with just under two minutes remaining in the second period:
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 19
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11