Oct 30, 2011, 8:49 PM EDT
When the Ducks (losers in two of the last three) and Blue Jackets (dead last in overall standings) were set to face each other this evening, most expected a fairly testy affair.
Well it’s certainly been testy…and then some.
Regardless of the final outcome, the story of this game will be the fisticuffs. The two teams combined for eight fighting majors and 54 penalty minutes in the first two periods alone, though to be accurate all the fighting occurred in a span of 26:39. We here at PHT are nothing if not accurate when it comes to time counts.
That bout was followed by a rather unexpected brawl — Andrew Cogliano vs. Kris Russell. According to hockeyfights.com, this is just the third scrap of Cogliano’s career and the fifth of Russell’s. (Translation: Get ready for some visor-fueled grappling.)
Finally, Dorsett vs. Brookbank II occurs with just under two minutes remaining in the second period:
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)