Oct 29, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
Seguin tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that there’s no truth to what was reported yesterday about having a congenital hip condition and that he’s 100% fine and wasn’t born with anything.
Seguin’s statement goes against what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirmed to the Boston Globe and ESPN Boston, however. The revelation was a startling one and one that puts Seguin’s future playing career in doubt. Being a 19 year-old kid and having this being discussed and talked about so openly has to be upsetting for him as well as mortifying.
After all, just think of how you’d feel having people talk about a medical condition that could potentially ruin your career that you just started. I’d get a bit defensive too. Still, it’s strange that something like this found its way into the news and to have the team GM and player disagreeing on it makes the situation all the more curious.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (146)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)