Oct 29, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
Seguin tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that there’s no truth to what was reported yesterday about having a congenital hip condition and that he’s 100% fine and wasn’t born with anything.
Seguin’s statement goes against what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirmed to the Boston Globe and ESPN Boston, however. The revelation was a startling one and one that puts Seguin’s future playing career in doubt. Being a 19 year-old kid and having this being discussed and talked about so openly has to be upsetting for him as well as mortifying.
After all, just think of how you’d feel having people talk about a medical condition that could potentially ruin your career that you just started. I’d get a bit defensive too. Still, it’s strange that something like this found its way into the news and to have the team GM and player disagreeing on it makes the situation all the more curious.
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 1
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 6
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)