Oct 29, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
Seguin tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that there’s no truth to what was reported yesterday about having a congenital hip condition and that he’s 100% fine and wasn’t born with anything.
Seguin’s statement goes against what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirmed to the Boston Globe and ESPN Boston, however. The revelation was a startling one and one that puts Seguin’s future playing career in doubt. Being a 19 year-old kid and having this being discussed and talked about so openly has to be upsetting for him as well as mortifying.
After all, just think of how you’d feel having people talk about a medical condition that could potentially ruin your career that you just started. I’d get a bit defensive too. Still, it’s strange that something like this found its way into the news and to have the team GM and player disagreeing on it makes the situation all the more curious.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)