Oct 29, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
Seguin tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that there’s no truth to what was reported yesterday about having a congenital hip condition and that he’s 100% fine and wasn’t born with anything.
Seguin’s statement goes against what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirmed to the Boston Globe and ESPN Boston, however. The revelation was a startling one and one that puts Seguin’s future playing career in doubt. Being a 19 year-old kid and having this being discussed and talked about so openly has to be upsetting for him as well as mortifying.
After all, just think of how you’d feel having people talk about a medical condition that could potentially ruin your career that you just started. I’d get a bit defensive too. Still, it’s strange that something like this found its way into the news and to have the team GM and player disagreeing on it makes the situation all the more curious.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5