Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Could the elimination of the goalie trapezoid reduce a lot of the injuries related to heavy forechecking? That’s something Sharks GM Doug Wilson might mention if he brings up the issue again. (ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.)
Believe it or not, the St. Louis Blues played a game on Oct. 28. Chances are that residents don’t care a whole lot that they dropped a 3-1 game to the Flames in Calgary on Friday. (Associated Press.)
Something tells me that Cam Ward would earn more shutouts if he played behind a legitimate defense, but it makes gems like his 30-save goose egg against the Chicago Blackhawks all that more special. (NHL.com)
It’s always fun to see a skater play the role of a goalie. Check out Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart‘s solid attempts from last night’s lost to the San Jose Sharks.
One other highlight from the Red Wings-Sharks game: here’s a great would-be Tomas Holmstrom goal that ended up being disallowed.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)