Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Could the elimination of the goalie trapezoid reduce a lot of the injuries related to heavy forechecking? That’s something Sharks GM Doug Wilson might mention if he brings up the issue again. (ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.)
Believe it or not, the St. Louis Blues played a game on Oct. 28. Chances are that residents don’t care a whole lot that they dropped a 3-1 game to the Flames in Calgary on Friday. (Associated Press.)
Something tells me that Cam Ward would earn more shutouts if he played behind a legitimate defense, but it makes gems like his 30-save goose egg against the Chicago Blackhawks all that more special. (NHL.com)
It’s always fun to see a skater play the role of a goalie. Check out Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart‘s solid attempts from last night’s lost to the San Jose Sharks.
One other highlight from the Red Wings-Sharks game: here’s a great would-be Tomas Holmstrom goal that ended up being disallowed.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)