Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Could the elimination of the goalie trapezoid reduce a lot of the injuries related to heavy forechecking? That’s something Sharks GM Doug Wilson might mention if he brings up the issue again. (ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.)
Believe it or not, the St. Louis Blues played a game on Oct. 28. Chances are that residents don’t care a whole lot that they dropped a 3-1 game to the Flames in Calgary on Friday. (Associated Press.)
Something tells me that Cam Ward would earn more shutouts if he played behind a legitimate defense, but it makes gems like his 30-save goose egg against the Chicago Blackhawks all that more special. (NHL.com)
It’s always fun to see a skater play the role of a goalie. Check out Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart‘s solid attempts from last night’s lost to the San Jose Sharks.
One other highlight from the Red Wings-Sharks game: here’s a great would-be Tomas Holmstrom goal that ended up being disallowed.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5