Oct 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Could the elimination of the goalie trapezoid reduce a lot of the injuries related to heavy forechecking? That’s something Sharks GM Doug Wilson might mention if he brings up the issue again. (ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.)
Believe it or not, the St. Louis Blues played a game on Oct. 28. Chances are that residents don’t care a whole lot that they dropped a 3-1 game to the Flames in Calgary on Friday. (Associated Press.)
Something tells me that Cam Ward would earn more shutouts if he played behind a legitimate defense, but it makes gems like his 30-save goose egg against the Chicago Blackhawks all that more special. (NHL.com)
It’s always fun to see a skater play the role of a goalie. Check out Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart‘s solid attempts from last night’s lost to the San Jose Sharks.
One other highlight from the Red Wings-Sharks game: here’s a great would-be Tomas Holmstrom goal that ended up being disallowed.
- In praise of John Tavares 2
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 9
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31