Oct 29, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
You know by now how rough injuries have been on the Penguins, but they get a little bit tougher on them again tonight in Toronto.
Jordan Staal will not be suiting up to try and contain Phil Kessel and the Leafs thanks to what Dan Bylsma is calling a “lower body injury.” CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that Bylsma doesn’t think it’s anything serious and isn’t concerned with it being a long term thing.
The Penguins have done fine already this season without a host of players. This time around, however, Evgeni Malkin gets to lead the way while Staal sits. The next thing the Pens should work on, however, is figuring who put the voodoo curse on the team and where that pesky voodoo doll is at.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13