Oct 29, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
You know by now how rough injuries have been on the Penguins, but they get a little bit tougher on them again tonight in Toronto.
Jordan Staal will not be suiting up to try and contain Phil Kessel and the Leafs thanks to what Dan Bylsma is calling a “lower body injury.” CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that Bylsma doesn’t think it’s anything serious and isn’t concerned with it being a long term thing.
The Penguins have done fine already this season without a host of players. This time around, however, Evgeni Malkin gets to lead the way while Staal sits. The next thing the Pens should work on, however, is figuring who put the voodoo curse on the team and where that pesky voodoo doll is at.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)