Oct 29, 2011, 12:56 PM EST
You know by now how rough injuries have been on the Penguins, but they get a little bit tougher on them again tonight in Toronto.
Jordan Staal will not be suiting up to try and contain Phil Kessel and the Leafs thanks to what Dan Bylsma is calling a “lower body injury.” CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that Bylsma doesn’t think it’s anything serious and isn’t concerned with it being a long term thing.
The Penguins have done fine already this season without a host of players. This time around, however, Evgeni Malkin gets to lead the way while Staal sits. The next thing the Pens should work on, however, is figuring who put the voodoo curse on the team and where that pesky voodoo doll is at.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)