Oct 29, 2011, 12:56 PM EDT
You know by now how rough injuries have been on the Penguins, but they get a little bit tougher on them again tonight in Toronto.
Jordan Staal will not be suiting up to try and contain Phil Kessel and the Leafs thanks to what Dan Bylsma is calling a “lower body injury.” CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that Bylsma doesn’t think it’s anything serious and isn’t concerned with it being a long term thing.
The Penguins have done fine already this season without a host of players. This time around, however, Evgeni Malkin gets to lead the way while Staal sits. The next thing the Pens should work on, however, is figuring who put the voodoo curse on the team and where that pesky voodoo doll is at.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)