Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
The Flyers didn’t need to have any more bad news with how things have been going lately, but that’s what they’ve got. Daniel Briere will be out of tonight’s game against Carolina thanks to an upper body injury and he’s listed as day-to-day. Aren’t we all, though?
The Flyers are already dealing with a goalie that feels “lost in the woods” and an injury to Brayden Schenn that has him out for 4-6 weeks. With the Flyers being in a funk of late that’s seen them give out goals like Halloween candy, losing a guy that can put the puck in the net the way Briere can does nothing to instill confidence.
While Jaromir Jagr has been breaking out lately, losing Briere for any amount of time hurts. Seeing how Philly responds tonight just became a lot more interesting to watch.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)