Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
The Flyers didn’t need to have any more bad news with how things have been going lately, but that’s what they’ve got. Daniel Briere will be out of tonight’s game against Carolina thanks to an upper body injury and he’s listed as day-to-day. Aren’t we all, though?
The Flyers are already dealing with a goalie that feels “lost in the woods” and an injury to Brayden Schenn that has him out for 4-6 weeks. With the Flyers being in a funk of late that’s seen them give out goals like Halloween candy, losing a guy that can put the puck in the net the way Briere can does nothing to instill confidence.
While Jaromir Jagr has been breaking out lately, losing Briere for any amount of time hurts. Seeing how Philly responds tonight just became a lot more interesting to watch.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)