Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
The Flyers didn’t need to have any more bad news with how things have been going lately, but that’s what they’ve got. Daniel Briere will be out of tonight’s game against Carolina thanks to an upper body injury and he’s listed as day-to-day. Aren’t we all, though?
The Flyers are already dealing with a goalie that feels “lost in the woods” and an injury to Brayden Schenn that has him out for 4-6 weeks. With the Flyers being in a funk of late that’s seen them give out goals like Halloween candy, losing a guy that can put the puck in the net the way Briere can does nothing to instill confidence.
While Jaromir Jagr has been breaking out lately, losing Briere for any amount of time hurts. Seeing how Philly responds tonight just became a lot more interesting to watch.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)