Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
The Flyers didn’t need to have any more bad news with how things have been going lately, but that’s what they’ve got. Daniel Briere will be out of tonight’s game against Carolina thanks to an upper body injury and he’s listed as day-to-day. Aren’t we all, though?
The Flyers are already dealing with a goalie that feels “lost in the woods” and an injury to Brayden Schenn that has him out for 4-6 weeks. With the Flyers being in a funk of late that’s seen them give out goals like Halloween candy, losing a guy that can put the puck in the net the way Briere can does nothing to instill confidence.
While Jaromir Jagr has been breaking out lately, losing Briere for any amount of time hurts. Seeing how Philly responds tonight just became a lot more interesting to watch.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4