Oct 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
The Flyers didn’t need to have any more bad news with how things have been going lately, but that’s what they’ve got. Daniel Briere will be out of tonight’s game against Carolina thanks to an upper body injury and he’s listed as day-to-day. Aren’t we all, though?
The Flyers are already dealing with a goalie that feels “lost in the woods” and an injury to Brayden Schenn that has him out for 4-6 weeks. With the Flyers being in a funk of late that’s seen them give out goals like Halloween candy, losing a guy that can put the puck in the net the way Briere can does nothing to instill confidence.
While Jaromir Jagr has been breaking out lately, losing Briere for any amount of time hurts. Seeing how Philly responds tonight just became a lot more interesting to watch.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)