Oct 28, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
If the St. Louis Blues want to have their most embarrassing game of the year tonight in Calgary against the Flames, they’ve got all the motivation in the world to do so. With Game 7 of the World Series taking place at Busch Stadium in St. Louis tonight, just who is going to be watching the Blues drop the puck an hour later?
Having to compete with a Game 7 in any sport, be it baseball, basketball, or hockey is virtually unfair. It’s the ultimate game of the season and one with all the marbles riding on it. St. Louis is one of the best baseball towns in America and asking the rebuilding Blues to hold a candle to that is like getting in a fist fight with a boxer while both hands are tied behind your back.
At the very least, the Blues are spared from having a home game tonight. Imagine having to play a hockey game the same night your team is in a potential World Series title-clinching game. The Blues haven’t had problems drawing fans while the World Series has gone on, but the same can’t be said in Dallas as the Stars drew just 8,443 to American Airlines Arena against the Kings last night going up against Game 6 of the Series.
So which would you rather do if given the chance? Would you rather watch your baseball team potentially win a World Series or go to your hockey team’s home game? Give us a vote in the poll or let us know in the comments.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)