Oct 28, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
If the St. Louis Blues want to have their most embarrassing game of the year tonight in Calgary against the Flames, they’ve got all the motivation in the world to do so. With Game 7 of the World Series taking place at Busch Stadium in St. Louis tonight, just who is going to be watching the Blues drop the puck an hour later?
Having to compete with a Game 7 in any sport, be it baseball, basketball, or hockey is virtually unfair. It’s the ultimate game of the season and one with all the marbles riding on it. St. Louis is one of the best baseball towns in America and asking the rebuilding Blues to hold a candle to that is like getting in a fist fight with a boxer while both hands are tied behind your back.
At the very least, the Blues are spared from having a home game tonight. Imagine having to play a hockey game the same night your team is in a potential World Series title-clinching game. The Blues haven’t had problems drawing fans while the World Series has gone on, but the same can’t be said in Dallas as the Stars drew just 8,443 to American Airlines Arena against the Kings last night going up against Game 6 of the Series.
So which would you rather do if given the chance? Would you rather watch your baseball team potentially win a World Series or go to your hockey team’s home game? Give us a vote in the poll or let us know in the comments.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)