Oct 28, 2011, 12:55 PM EST
If the St. Louis Blues want to have their most embarrassing game of the year tonight in Calgary against the Flames, they’ve got all the motivation in the world to do so. With Game 7 of the World Series taking place at Busch Stadium in St. Louis tonight, just who is going to be watching the Blues drop the puck an hour later?
Having to compete with a Game 7 in any sport, be it baseball, basketball, or hockey is virtually unfair. It’s the ultimate game of the season and one with all the marbles riding on it. St. Louis is one of the best baseball towns in America and asking the rebuilding Blues to hold a candle to that is like getting in a fist fight with a boxer while both hands are tied behind your back.
At the very least, the Blues are spared from having a home game tonight. Imagine having to play a hockey game the same night your team is in a potential World Series title-clinching game. The Blues haven’t had problems drawing fans while the World Series has gone on, but the same can’t be said in Dallas as the Stars drew just 8,443 to American Airlines Arena against the Kings last night going up against Game 6 of the Series.
So which would you rather do if given the chance? Would you rather watch your baseball team potentially win a World Series or go to your hockey team’s home game? Give us a vote in the poll or let us know in the comments.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)