Oct 28, 2011, 12:55 PM EDT
If the St. Louis Blues want to have their most embarrassing game of the year tonight in Calgary against the Flames, they’ve got all the motivation in the world to do so. With Game 7 of the World Series taking place at Busch Stadium in St. Louis tonight, just who is going to be watching the Blues drop the puck an hour later?
Having to compete with a Game 7 in any sport, be it baseball, basketball, or hockey is virtually unfair. It’s the ultimate game of the season and one with all the marbles riding on it. St. Louis is one of the best baseball towns in America and asking the rebuilding Blues to hold a candle to that is like getting in a fist fight with a boxer while both hands are tied behind your back.
At the very least, the Blues are spared from having a home game tonight. Imagine having to play a hockey game the same night your team is in a potential World Series title-clinching game. The Blues haven’t had problems drawing fans while the World Series has gone on, but the same can’t be said in Dallas as the Stars drew just 8,443 to American Airlines Arena against the Kings last night going up against Game 6 of the Series.
So which would you rather do if given the chance? Would you rather watch your baseball team potentially win a World Series or go to your hockey team’s home game? Give us a vote in the poll or let us know in the comments.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)