Oct 28, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t load up the car and make a run for Mexico last night. Quite the opposite, in fact.
According to Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese, Bryzgalov turned his frown upside down and swaggered into the team’s practice facility this morning.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio spoke with Reese about the big-money goalie’s early struggles, which were taken to a whole new level last night against the Jets.
Reese’s theory is that Bryzgalov has been overly distracted by all the attention he’s received since signing with the Flyers.
“I know he’s a great quote, he’s a great personality…but at the same time he needs to focus on his job,” Reese said.
“Instead of just worrying about going out and stopping the puck, he’s got himself involved in some other things with the press and Twitter and things like that and he has to simply go out and stop the puck.”
Twitter — the scourge of today’s professional athlete.
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette has already said Bryzgalov will play Saturday against Carolina at the Wells Fargo Center.
Sink or swim.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32