Oct 28, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t load up the car and make a run for Mexico last night. Quite the opposite, in fact.
According to Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese, Bryzgalov turned his frown upside down and swaggered into the team’s practice facility this morning.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio spoke with Reese about the big-money goalie’s early struggles, which were taken to a whole new level last night against the Jets.
Reese’s theory is that Bryzgalov has been overly distracted by all the attention he’s received since signing with the Flyers.
“I know he’s a great quote, he’s a great personality…but at the same time he needs to focus on his job,” Reese said.
“Instead of just worrying about going out and stopping the puck, he’s got himself involved in some other things with the press and Twitter and things like that and he has to simply go out and stop the puck.”
Twitter — the scourge of today’s professional athlete.
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette has already said Bryzgalov will play Saturday against Carolina at the Wells Fargo Center.
Sink or swim.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39