Oct 28, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t load up the car and make a run for Mexico last night. Quite the opposite, in fact.
According to Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese, Bryzgalov turned his frown upside down and swaggered into the team’s practice facility this morning.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio spoke with Reese about the big-money goalie’s early struggles, which were taken to a whole new level last night against the Jets.
Reese’s theory is that Bryzgalov has been overly distracted by all the attention he’s received since signing with the Flyers.
“I know he’s a great quote, he’s a great personality…but at the same time he needs to focus on his job,” Reese said.
“Instead of just worrying about going out and stopping the puck, he’s got himself involved in some other things with the press and Twitter and things like that and he has to simply go out and stop the puck.”
Twitter — the scourge of today’s professional athlete.
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette has already said Bryzgalov will play Saturday against Carolina at the Wells Fargo Center.
Sink or swim.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21