Oct 28, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov didn’t load up the car and make a run for Mexico last night. Quite the opposite, in fact.
According to Flyers goalie coach Jeff Reese, Bryzgalov turned his frown upside down and swaggered into the team’s practice facility this morning.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio spoke with Reese about the big-money goalie’s early struggles, which were taken to a whole new level last night against the Jets.
Reese’s theory is that Bryzgalov has been overly distracted by all the attention he’s received since signing with the Flyers.
“I know he’s a great quote, he’s a great personality…but at the same time he needs to focus on his job,” Reese said.
“Instead of just worrying about going out and stopping the puck, he’s got himself involved in some other things with the press and Twitter and things like that and he has to simply go out and stop the puck.”
Twitter — the scourge of today’s professional athlete.
Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette has already said Bryzgalov will play Saturday against Carolina at the Wells Fargo Center.
Sink or swim.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 14
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)