Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
We’ve spotlighted San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns on PHT before for his, um, unique and eclectic tastes. Today, we’re doing that again.
For the uninitiated, Burns has gone on record stating he likes his tattoos, likes his pets, and likes his tattoos of his pets. And thanks to his Twitter account (@Burnzie88), we’re learning there are many more things Burns likes. Shoe shines are one. Garish pink socks are another.
(@agentwright is Tobin J Wright, Burns’ agent.)
The best part of this exchange isn’t Burns’ defense of his pink socks — it’s telling his agent they’re from Germany. That’s awesome. Ever attended a fancy dinner party (doubtful, since you’re reading a hockey blog) and have someone ask where you got your jacket? The trick is to always respond with the country of origin rather than “Target” or “the closet.” For some reason, it always wins people over. “Oooh, Cambodia. How exotic!” Stuff like that.
That Burns did this via Twitter only re-confirms he’s one of hockey’s most fascinating people. I mean, who tweets the origin of socks?
In closing (and speaking of Twitter), I’d like to remind you to follow all of our writers: Me (@PHTalk_NBC), Jason Brough (@JasonPHT), Joe Yerdon (@JoeYerdonPHT), James O’Brien (@cyclelikesedins) and Matt Reitz (@ViewFromMySeats).
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22