Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
We’ve spotlighted San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns on PHT before for his, um, unique and eclectic tastes. Today, we’re doing that again.
For the uninitiated, Burns has gone on record stating he likes his tattoos, likes his pets, and likes his tattoos of his pets. And thanks to his Twitter account (@Burnzie88), we’re learning there are many more things Burns likes. Shoe shines are one. Garish pink socks are another.
(@agentwright is Tobin J Wright, Burns’ agent.)
The best part of this exchange isn’t Burns’ defense of his pink socks — it’s telling his agent they’re from Germany. That’s awesome. Ever attended a fancy dinner party (doubtful, since you’re reading a hockey blog) and have someone ask where you got your jacket? The trick is to always respond with the country of origin rather than “Target” or “the closet.” For some reason, it always wins people over. “Oooh, Cambodia. How exotic!” Stuff like that.
That Burns did this via Twitter only re-confirms he’s one of hockey’s most fascinating people. I mean, who tweets the origin of socks?
In closing (and speaking of Twitter), I’d like to remind you to follow all of our writers: Me (@PHTalk_NBC), Jason Brough (@JasonPHT), Joe Yerdon (@JoeYerdonPHT), James O’Brien (@cyclelikesedins) and Matt Reitz (@ViewFromMySeats).
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 2
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)