Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
We’ve spotlighted San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns on PHT before for his, um, unique and eclectic tastes. Today, we’re doing that again.
For the uninitiated, Burns has gone on record stating he likes his tattoos, likes his pets, and likes his tattoos of his pets. And thanks to his Twitter account (@Burnzie88), we’re learning there are many more things Burns likes. Shoe shines are one. Garish pink socks are another.
(@agentwright is Tobin J Wright, Burns’ agent.)
The best part of this exchange isn’t Burns’ defense of his pink socks — it’s telling his agent they’re from Germany. That’s awesome. Ever attended a fancy dinner party (doubtful, since you’re reading a hockey blog) and have someone ask where you got your jacket? The trick is to always respond with the country of origin rather than “Target” or “the closet.” For some reason, it always wins people over. “Oooh, Cambodia. How exotic!” Stuff like that.
That Burns did this via Twitter only re-confirms he’s one of hockey’s most fascinating people. I mean, who tweets the origin of socks?
In closing (and speaking of Twitter), I’d like to remind you to follow all of our writers: Me (@PHTalk_NBC), Jason Brough (@JasonPHT), Joe Yerdon (@JoeYerdonPHT), James O’Brien (@cyclelikesedins) and Matt Reitz (@ViewFromMySeats).
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 4
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 6
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)