Oct 27, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
This feature profiles an NHLer that’s making noise on the Twitter machine.
We’ve spotlighted San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns on PHT before for his, um, unique and eclectic tastes. Today, we’re doing that again.
For the uninitiated, Burns has gone on record stating he likes his tattoos, likes his pets, and likes his tattoos of his pets. And thanks to his Twitter account (@Burnzie88), we’re learning there are many more things Burns likes. Shoe shines are one. Garish pink socks are another.
(@agentwright is Tobin J Wright, Burns’ agent.)
The best part of this exchange isn’t Burns’ defense of his pink socks — it’s telling his agent they’re from Germany. That’s awesome. Ever attended a fancy dinner party (doubtful, since you’re reading a hockey blog) and have someone ask where you got your jacket? The trick is to always respond with the country of origin rather than “Target” or “the closet.” For some reason, it always wins people over. “Oooh, Cambodia. How exotic!” Stuff like that.
That Burns did this via Twitter only re-confirms he’s one of hockey’s most fascinating people. I mean, who tweets the origin of socks?
In closing (and speaking of Twitter), I’d like to remind you to follow all of our writers: Me (@PHTalk_NBC), Jason Brough (@JasonPHT), Joe Yerdon (@JoeYerdonPHT), James O’Brien (@cyclelikesedins) and Matt Reitz (@ViewFromMySeats).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)