Oct 27, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Based on what Shero had to say, there’s major reason for optimism.
The interview was noteworthy for two particular things: One, Shero confirmed Crosby’s absorbed contact in practice with no ill-effects. Two, there’s an inkling the organization would like him to make his season debut at the Consol Energy Center.
Here are Shero’s quotes in full:
On Crosby receiving contact: “He’s had contact in practice. He’s taken a stick in the chin, he ran into Kris Letang and unfortunately No. 58 took the worst of it. He’s had tough battles down low in a lot of our practices.”
If Crosby will play Saturday in Toronto: “No. I’d like him to play at home first probably. Does it matter though, really? He’s going to want to play — the thing with Sidney is he really wants to play and if I tell him ‘listen, we want to hold you out until the following Friday because we have a home game,’ he’s going to look at me like ‘huh?'”
Looking at the Penguins’ upcoming schedule, they play at home tonight against the Islanders before heading out on a three-game trip to Toronto (Oct. 29), San Jose (Nov. 3) and Los Angeles (Nov. 5). The Pens then get six days off before the “following Friday” game Shero alluded to — a Nov. 11 home date against Dallas, which everyone is now probably circling on their calendars.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)