Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EST
Stupid Twitter. Damn bloggers. Always causing trouble.
Today in Philadelphia, Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane was forced to deny recent rumors he’d requested a trade.
“No I have not (asked for a trade). I guess people on social media come up with rumors,” said Kane, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.
“I can’t speak for anybody but myself. The story started on some blog. I haven’t even read it. I don’t know what to think. I haven’t asked for a trade and I’m happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time.”
The Kane rumor might seem like it came out of left field, but there have been rumblings that certain Jets players aren’t seeing eye-to-eye with coach Claude Noel.
Kane addressed that speculation as well.
“I have the same relationship with Claude as the rest of the guys in the room do. I’ve been getting better and the last two games have been much better,” he said. “Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the horse’s mouth it’s not true.”
I’m not sure Kane saying he has the same relationship with Noel as the rest of the team will quell the whole “the Jets do not care for their coach” talk.
Regardless, the Jets better hope Kane is happy in Winnipeg, because he’s one of the few players they can’t afford to lose. We’ll chalk this one up to baseless internet rumors, but any more smoke and we might start thinking there’s a fire.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 4
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 1
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8