Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Stupid Twitter. Damn bloggers. Always causing trouble.
Today in Philadelphia, Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane was forced to deny recent rumors he’d requested a trade.
“No I have not (asked for a trade). I guess people on social media come up with rumors,” said Kane, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.
“I can’t speak for anybody but myself. The story started on some blog. I haven’t even read it. I don’t know what to think. I haven’t asked for a trade and I’m happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time.”
The Kane rumor might seem like it came out of left field, but there have been rumblings that certain Jets players aren’t seeing eye-to-eye with coach Claude Noel.
Kane addressed that speculation as well.
“I have the same relationship with Claude as the rest of the guys in the room do. I’ve been getting better and the last two games have been much better,” he said. “Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the horse’s mouth it’s not true.”
I’m not sure Kane saying he has the same relationship with Noel as the rest of the team will quell the whole “the Jets do not care for their coach” talk.
Regardless, the Jets better hope Kane is happy in Winnipeg, because he’s one of the few players they can’t afford to lose. We’ll chalk this one up to baseless internet rumors, but any more smoke and we might start thinking there’s a fire.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)