Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EST
Stupid Twitter. Damn bloggers. Always causing trouble.
Today in Philadelphia, Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane was forced to deny recent rumors he’d requested a trade.
“No I have not (asked for a trade). I guess people on social media come up with rumors,” said Kane, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.
“I can’t speak for anybody but myself. The story started on some blog. I haven’t even read it. I don’t know what to think. I haven’t asked for a trade and I’m happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time.”
The Kane rumor might seem like it came out of left field, but there have been rumblings that certain Jets players aren’t seeing eye-to-eye with coach Claude Noel.
Kane addressed that speculation as well.
“I have the same relationship with Claude as the rest of the guys in the room do. I’ve been getting better and the last two games have been much better,” he said. “Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the horse’s mouth it’s not true.”
I’m not sure Kane saying he has the same relationship with Noel as the rest of the team will quell the whole “the Jets do not care for their coach” talk.
Regardless, the Jets better hope Kane is happy in Winnipeg, because he’s one of the few players they can’t afford to lose. We’ll chalk this one up to baseless internet rumors, but any more smoke and we might start thinking there’s a fire.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)