Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Stupid Twitter. Damn bloggers. Always causing trouble.
Today in Philadelphia, Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane was forced to deny recent rumors he’d requested a trade.
“No I have not (asked for a trade). I guess people on social media come up with rumors,” said Kane, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.
“I can’t speak for anybody but myself. The story started on some blog. I haven’t even read it. I don’t know what to think. I haven’t asked for a trade and I’m happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time.”
The Kane rumor might seem like it came out of left field, but there have been rumblings that certain Jets players aren’t seeing eye-to-eye with coach Claude Noel.
Kane addressed that speculation as well.
“I have the same relationship with Claude as the rest of the guys in the room do. I’ve been getting better and the last two games have been much better,” he said. “Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the horse’s mouth it’s not true.”
I’m not sure Kane saying he has the same relationship with Noel as the rest of the team will quell the whole “the Jets do not care for their coach” talk.
Regardless, the Jets better hope Kane is happy in Winnipeg, because he’s one of the few players they can’t afford to lose. We’ll chalk this one up to baseless internet rumors, but any more smoke and we might start thinking there’s a fire.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6