Oct 27, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
Stupid Twitter. Damn bloggers. Always causing trouble.
Today in Philadelphia, Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane was forced to deny recent rumors he’d requested a trade.
“No I have not (asked for a trade). I guess people on social media come up with rumors,” said Kane, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.
“I can’t speak for anybody but myself. The story started on some blog. I haven’t even read it. I don’t know what to think. I haven’t asked for a trade and I’m happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time.”
The Kane rumor might seem like it came out of left field, but there have been rumblings that certain Jets players aren’t seeing eye-to-eye with coach Claude Noel.
Kane addressed that speculation as well.
“I have the same relationship with Claude as the rest of the guys in the room do. I’ve been getting better and the last two games have been much better,” he said. “Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the horse’s mouth it’s not true.”
I’m not sure Kane saying he has the same relationship with Noel as the rest of the team will quell the whole “the Jets do not care for their coach” talk.
Regardless, the Jets better hope Kane is happy in Winnipeg, because he’s one of the few players they can’t afford to lose. We’ll chalk this one up to baseless internet rumors, but any more smoke and we might start thinking there’s a fire.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 4
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 3
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 28
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 102
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36