Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have made their undefeated start to the season look pretty easy.
A little too easy.
As they head off to western Canada for a road trip, they’ll finally have to face up to some hardship as it appears that Mike Green isn’t going to be able to play against the Oilers tonight. After twisting up his right ankle in their 7-1 win over Detroit, Green hasn’t been able to practice or do much of anything with the injury.
It wasn’t going to be a worry-free season for the Capitals (or any team in the league) as it was, and having Green come up gimpy here is a bit of a shot for the Caps. Green broke out in a big way against Detroit with four points so his offense was on the way back from a quiet start.
Now it’ll be up to Dennis Wideman to pick up his slack there while Roman Hamrlik will have to play with a new partner. With the Oilers having speed to burn and enough skill to cause problems, Tomas Vokoun might just have a bit more work to do to keep the Caps undefeated.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)