Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have made their undefeated start to the season look pretty easy.
A little too easy.
As they head off to western Canada for a road trip, they’ll finally have to face up to some hardship as it appears that Mike Green isn’t going to be able to play against the Oilers tonight. After twisting up his right ankle in their 7-1 win over Detroit, Green hasn’t been able to practice or do much of anything with the injury.
It wasn’t going to be a worry-free season for the Capitals (or any team in the league) as it was, and having Green come up gimpy here is a bit of a shot for the Caps. Green broke out in a big way against Detroit with four points so his offense was on the way back from a quiet start.
Now it’ll be up to Dennis Wideman to pick up his slack there while Roman Hamrlik will have to play with a new partner. With the Oilers having speed to burn and enough skill to cause problems, Tomas Vokoun might just have a bit more work to do to keep the Caps undefeated.
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 1
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 14
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights