Oct 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
The Washington Capitals have made their undefeated start to the season look pretty easy.
A little too easy.
As they head off to western Canada for a road trip, they’ll finally have to face up to some hardship as it appears that Mike Green isn’t going to be able to play against the Oilers tonight. After twisting up his right ankle in their 7-1 win over Detroit, Green hasn’t been able to practice or do much of anything with the injury.
It wasn’t going to be a worry-free season for the Capitals (or any team in the league) as it was, and having Green come up gimpy here is a bit of a shot for the Caps. Green broke out in a big way against Detroit with four points so his offense was on the way back from a quiet start.
Now it’ll be up to Dennis Wideman to pick up his slack there while Roman Hamrlik will have to play with a new partner. With the Oilers having speed to burn and enough skill to cause problems, Tomas Vokoun might just have a bit more work to do to keep the Caps undefeated.
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 0
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 3
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)