Oct 27, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
Remember when the Blues traded for Jaroslav Halak and expected him to be the guy to lead them back to the playoffs and beyond?
Ah, those were the days.
This season, it’s been a different story with Brian Elliott playing out of his mind, including a shutout of Vancouver last night, while Halak has struggled mightily. A bad sign of things to come this year for the usual Blues starter? Should he be freaking out about things the way fans in Vancouver are about Roberto Luongo? No way.
Halak is, instead, taking everything in stride and giving it a more zen-like approach believing that this too shall pass in time and things will get turned around for him. Perhaps with fans’ attention in St. Louis being directed elsewhere at the start of the season thanks to the Cardinals being in the World Series and the fact that Vancouver is a cutthroat hockey town while St. Louis is a bit more laid back.
It probably doesn’t hurt any that St. Louis isn’t coming off a Stanley Cup finals seven-game series loss either. For now, Brian Elliott is stealing the show, but if Halak doesn’t get things turned around, the Blues’ run isn’t going to last very long.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 0
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 34
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead