Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
Via the Twitter feed of csnphilly.com’s Tim Panaccio comes news that Flyers rookie Brayden Schenn has a broken left foot. No word on how long Schenn will be out (Panaccio speculates it could be at least a month), but Philly GM Paul Holmgren confirms roster moves are coming, with Zac Rinaldo and Erik Gustafsson expected to be called up for tonight’s home game versus the Jets.
Schenn, 20, hasn’t made much of an impact with the Flyers. In four games, he has no points and is minus-5.
It appears he broke his foot in the first period of last night’s game in Montreal when he blocked a shot by Habs d-man P.K. Subban. Schenn played the rest of the game, but was reportedly limping following the Flyers’ 5-1 defeat.
Philadelphia already has health concerns, with Chris Pronger day-to-day with an eye injury. And while Schenn’s absence won’t have the same impact as Pronger’s, it’s not the greatest way for the highly-touted prospect to get his Flyers career started.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)