Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
Via the Twitter feed of csnphilly.com’s Tim Panaccio comes news that Flyers rookie Brayden Schenn has a broken left foot. No word on how long Schenn will be out (Panaccio speculates it could be at least a month), but Philly GM Paul Holmgren confirms roster moves are coming, with Zac Rinaldo and Erik Gustafsson expected to be called up for tonight’s home game versus the Jets.
Schenn, 20, hasn’t made much of an impact with the Flyers. In four games, he has no points and is minus-5.
It appears he broke his foot in the first period of last night’s game in Montreal when he blocked a shot by Habs d-man P.K. Subban. Schenn played the rest of the game, but was reportedly limping following the Flyers’ 5-1 defeat.
Philadelphia already has health concerns, with Chris Pronger day-to-day with an eye injury. And while Schenn’s absence won’t have the same impact as Pronger’s, it’s not the greatest way for the highly-touted prospect to get his Flyers career started.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)