Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
Via the Twitter feed of csnphilly.com’s Tim Panaccio comes news that Flyers rookie Brayden Schenn has a broken left foot. No word on how long Schenn will be out (Panaccio speculates it could be at least a month), but Philly GM Paul Holmgren confirms roster moves are coming, with Zac Rinaldo and Erik Gustafsson expected to be called up for tonight’s home game versus the Jets.
Schenn, 20, hasn’t made much of an impact with the Flyers. In four games, he has no points and is minus-5.
It appears he broke his foot in the first period of last night’s game in Montreal when he blocked a shot by Habs d-man P.K. Subban. Schenn played the rest of the game, but was reportedly limping following the Flyers’ 5-1 defeat.
Philadelphia already has health concerns, with Chris Pronger day-to-day with an eye injury. And while Schenn’s absence won’t have the same impact as Pronger’s, it’s not the greatest way for the highly-touted prospect to get his Flyers career started.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)