Oct 26, 2011, 11:56 AM EST
Guess what? Kyle Turris still isn’t signed by the Phoenix Coyotes. Stunning news, we know, as the restricted free agent continues to believe he’s worth a ton of money after not really making his mark on the league.
Coyotes GM Don Maloney reiterated his stand to Fox Sports Arizona last night, saying he won’t be trading Turris because he feels that Turris will be a key player for them in the future and that they’d like to get him back with the team so he can show he’s worth what he thinks he’s worth. (Update: Check out the video here from FS-Arizona)
That seems reasonable enough, even though Turris isn’t exactly being reasonable with his demands. While Maloney swears he won’t be dealing the kid, that’s apparently not stopping teams from pursuing a deal. Calgary Sun beat man Eric Francis says there are six teams in the hunt for Turris, with the Flames amongst them, and they’ve all made “significant” offers for the restricted free agent.
If Maloney wants to be rid of the headache of dealing with Turris and his agent Kurt Overhardt, he’s apparently got a few options to make it happen. Turris has until December 1 to get a deal signed with anyone or else he won’t be allowed to play at all this year. Without teams to pressure with an offer sheet and Turris’ apparent lack of care about signing in Phoenix, this dance very well could keep going for a few more weeks.
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 14
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)