Oct 26, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Give the Phoenix Coyotes ticketing and marketing departments credit — they’re not lacking creativity.
Available for rent on the Coyotes website is the Allergy Friendly Suite, “a private suite for families who want to enjoy NHL hockey and world class events in a setting that is shared by people with like symptoms.” Yes, that’s right — the whole thing is allergy-free. The suite is meticulously cleaned prior to each use and, because the peanut allergen is documented to have the highest risk reaction, is entirely peanut-free.
In addition to the cleanliness and peanut ban, the suite features the “Allergy Friendly Menu” that is free of the top eight allergens. Among the items for purchase are the All Beef Hebrew National Hot Dogs (Gluten-free with sauerkraut, onion, mustard, ketchup and relish) and the Market Fresh Vegetable Crudités (with carrots, cauliflower, broccolini, tomatoes, buttermilk, ranch dressing, soybean oil, canola oil, monosodium, glutamate, Kosher salt and black pepper.) Crudité is the French word for “uncooked vegetables,” by the way. Glutamate is a non-essential amino acid. Cauliflower is hard on the ol’ digestive system.
It should be noted that people may bring food in from other Jobing.com Arena concessions stands, so long as the food does not contain — you guessed it — peanuts. (Right now I have the image of an irate Mr. Peanut filing a discrimination suit against the Coyotes.)
According to Arizona’s ABC15.com the suite is private, seats 12, and can hold up to 18.
“We are one of the few arenas in the country that are offering this exclusive opportunity,” Jim Foss, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Jobing.com Arena told ABC 15. “We are excited to provide families with a safe and allergy friendly environment to enjoy Coyotes hockey and world class concerts.”
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9