Oct 26, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
Give the Phoenix Coyotes ticketing and marketing departments credit — they’re not lacking creativity.
Available for rent on the Coyotes website is the Allergy Friendly Suite, “a private suite for families who want to enjoy NHL hockey and world class events in a setting that is shared by people with like symptoms.” Yes, that’s right — the whole thing is allergy-free. The suite is meticulously cleaned prior to each use and, because the peanut allergen is documented to have the highest risk reaction, is entirely peanut-free.
In addition to the cleanliness and peanut ban, the suite features the “Allergy Friendly Menu” that is free of the top eight allergens. Among the items for purchase are the All Beef Hebrew National Hot Dogs (Gluten-free with sauerkraut, onion, mustard, ketchup and relish) and the Market Fresh Vegetable Crudités (with carrots, cauliflower, broccolini, tomatoes, buttermilk, ranch dressing, soybean oil, canola oil, monosodium, glutamate, Kosher salt and black pepper.) Crudité is the French word for “uncooked vegetables,” by the way. Glutamate is a non-essential amino acid. Cauliflower is hard on the ol’ digestive system.
It should be noted that people may bring food in from other Jobing.com Arena concessions stands, so long as the food does not contain — you guessed it — peanuts. (Right now I have the image of an irate Mr. Peanut filing a discrimination suit against the Coyotes.)
According to Arizona’s ABC15.com the suite is private, seats 12, and can hold up to 18.
“We are one of the few arenas in the country that are offering this exclusive opportunity,” Jim Foss, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Jobing.com Arena told ABC 15. “We are excited to provide families with a safe and allergy friendly environment to enjoy Coyotes hockey and world class concerts.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)