Oct 26, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Give the Phoenix Coyotes ticketing and marketing departments credit — they’re not lacking creativity.
Available for rent on the Coyotes website is the Allergy Friendly Suite, “a private suite for families who want to enjoy NHL hockey and world class events in a setting that is shared by people with like symptoms.” Yes, that’s right — the whole thing is allergy-free. The suite is meticulously cleaned prior to each use and, because the peanut allergen is documented to have the highest risk reaction, is entirely peanut-free.
In addition to the cleanliness and peanut ban, the suite features the “Allergy Friendly Menu” that is free of the top eight allergens. Among the items for purchase are the All Beef Hebrew National Hot Dogs (Gluten-free with sauerkraut, onion, mustard, ketchup and relish) and the Market Fresh Vegetable Crudités (with carrots, cauliflower, broccolini, tomatoes, buttermilk, ranch dressing, soybean oil, canola oil, monosodium, glutamate, Kosher salt and black pepper.) Crudité is the French word for “uncooked vegetables,” by the way. Glutamate is a non-essential amino acid. Cauliflower is hard on the ol’ digestive system.
It should be noted that people may bring food in from other Jobing.com Arena concessions stands, so long as the food does not contain — you guessed it — peanuts. (Right now I have the image of an irate Mr. Peanut filing a discrimination suit against the Coyotes.)
According to Arizona’s ABC15.com the suite is private, seats 12, and can hold up to 18.
“We are one of the few arenas in the country that are offering this exclusive opportunity,” Jim Foss, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Jobing.com Arena told ABC 15. “We are excited to provide families with a safe and allergy friendly environment to enjoy Coyotes hockey and world class concerts.”
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)