Oct 26, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
Give the Phoenix Coyotes ticketing and marketing departments credit — they’re not lacking creativity.
Available for rent on the Coyotes website is the Allergy Friendly Suite, “a private suite for families who want to enjoy NHL hockey and world class events in a setting that is shared by people with like symptoms.” Yes, that’s right — the whole thing is allergy-free. The suite is meticulously cleaned prior to each use and, because the peanut allergen is documented to have the highest risk reaction, is entirely peanut-free.
In addition to the cleanliness and peanut ban, the suite features the “Allergy Friendly Menu” that is free of the top eight allergens. Among the items for purchase are the All Beef Hebrew National Hot Dogs (Gluten-free with sauerkraut, onion, mustard, ketchup and relish) and the Market Fresh Vegetable Crudités (with carrots, cauliflower, broccolini, tomatoes, buttermilk, ranch dressing, soybean oil, canola oil, monosodium, glutamate, Kosher salt and black pepper.) Crudité is the French word for “uncooked vegetables,” by the way. Glutamate is a non-essential amino acid. Cauliflower is hard on the ol’ digestive system.
It should be noted that people may bring food in from other Jobing.com Arena concessions stands, so long as the food does not contain — you guessed it — peanuts. (Right now I have the image of an irate Mr. Peanut filing a discrimination suit against the Coyotes.)
According to Arizona’s ABC15.com the suite is private, seats 12, and can hold up to 18.
“We are one of the few arenas in the country that are offering this exclusive opportunity,” Jim Foss, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Jobing.com Arena told ABC 15. “We are excited to provide families with a safe and allergy friendly environment to enjoy Coyotes hockey and world class concerts.”
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)