Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Taylor Hall’s Twitter account was hacked last night. I guess it’s time to change his “seguingoessecond” password.
According to the Edmonton Journal, the hacker broke into Hall’s account and tweeted, “f— the oilers I’m going to the flames #oilersfansaretheworst #f—mys—tyfans.”
In hindsight, we should’ve been all over this at PHT. Just imagine… “Breaking: Hall wants out of Edmonton!” You’d click on that, right? It wouldn’t have been the most responsible journalism, but we could’ve just run a correction later. “Update: Sorry, somebody hacked his Twitter account.”
Anyway, Hall cleared everything up today. “Someone hacked my account.. I would never say something like that. Always grateful for Oiler fans #changedpassword,” he wrote on Twitter.
There’s probably nothing more to this story, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that thinks Hall orchestrated the whole thing. Fact is, he’s only got like 85,000 followers. And you know how professional athletes are – always wanting more. You don’t think he’s going to add a few thousand followers thanks to this “hacking” incident? I’m just saying. It looks shady.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32