Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Taylor Hall’s Twitter account was hacked last night. I guess it’s time to change his “seguingoessecond” password.
According to the Edmonton Journal, the hacker broke into Hall’s account and tweeted, “f— the oilers I’m going to the flames #oilersfansaretheworst #f—mys—tyfans.”
In hindsight, we should’ve been all over this at PHT. Just imagine… “Breaking: Hall wants out of Edmonton!” You’d click on that, right? It wouldn’t have been the most responsible journalism, but we could’ve just run a correction later. “Update: Sorry, somebody hacked his Twitter account.”
Anyway, Hall cleared everything up today. “Someone hacked my account.. I would never say something like that. Always grateful for Oiler fans #changedpassword,” he wrote on Twitter.
There’s probably nothing more to this story, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that thinks Hall orchestrated the whole thing. Fact is, he’s only got like 85,000 followers. And you know how professional athletes are – always wanting more. You don’t think he’s going to add a few thousand followers thanks to this “hacking” incident? I’m just saying. It looks shady.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5