Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Taylor Hall’s Twitter account was hacked last night. I guess it’s time to change his “seguingoessecond” password.
According to the Edmonton Journal, the hacker broke into Hall’s account and tweeted, “f— the oilers I’m going to the flames #oilersfansaretheworst #f—mys—tyfans.”
In hindsight, we should’ve been all over this at PHT. Just imagine… “Breaking: Hall wants out of Edmonton!” You’d click on that, right? It wouldn’t have been the most responsible journalism, but we could’ve just run a correction later. “Update: Sorry, somebody hacked his Twitter account.”
Anyway, Hall cleared everything up today. “Someone hacked my account.. I would never say something like that. Always grateful for Oiler fans #changedpassword,” he wrote on Twitter.
There’s probably nothing more to this story, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that thinks Hall orchestrated the whole thing. Fact is, he’s only got like 85,000 followers. And you know how professional athletes are – always wanting more. You don’t think he’s going to add a few thousand followers thanks to this “hacking” incident? I’m just saying. It looks shady.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)