Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Taylor Hall’s Twitter account was hacked last night. I guess it’s time to change his “seguingoessecond” password.
According to the Edmonton Journal, the hacker broke into Hall’s account and tweeted, “f— the oilers I’m going to the flames #oilersfansaretheworst #f—mys—tyfans.”
In hindsight, we should’ve been all over this at PHT. Just imagine… “Breaking: Hall wants out of Edmonton!” You’d click on that, right? It wouldn’t have been the most responsible journalism, but we could’ve just run a correction later. “Update: Sorry, somebody hacked his Twitter account.”
Anyway, Hall cleared everything up today. “Someone hacked my account.. I would never say something like that. Always grateful for Oiler fans #changedpassword,” he wrote on Twitter.
There’s probably nothing more to this story, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that thinks Hall orchestrated the whole thing. Fact is, he’s only got like 85,000 followers. And you know how professional athletes are – always wanting more. You don’t think he’s going to add a few thousand followers thanks to this “hacking” incident? I’m just saying. It looks shady.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 7
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 1
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 42
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP