Oct 26, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Taylor Hall’s Twitter account was hacked last night. I guess it’s time to change his “seguingoessecond” password.
According to the Edmonton Journal, the hacker broke into Hall’s account and tweeted, “f— the oilers I’m going to the flames #oilersfansaretheworst #f—mys—tyfans.”
In hindsight, we should’ve been all over this at PHT. Just imagine… “Breaking: Hall wants out of Edmonton!” You’d click on that, right? It wouldn’t have been the most responsible journalism, but we could’ve just run a correction later. “Update: Sorry, somebody hacked his Twitter account.”
Anyway, Hall cleared everything up today. “Someone hacked my account.. I would never say something like that. Always grateful for Oiler fans #changedpassword,” he wrote on Twitter.
There’s probably nothing more to this story, but I have to admit there’s a part of me that thinks Hall orchestrated the whole thing. Fact is, he’s only got like 85,000 followers. And you know how professional athletes are – always wanting more. You don’t think he’s going to add a few thousand followers thanks to this “hacking” incident? I’m just saying. It looks shady.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)