Oct 26, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
It’s official – Eric Lindros is playing in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game in Philadelphia. The game will actually take place in 2011, on Dec. 31 to be specific.
The Big E confirmed the rumors today on the FAN 590 radio station in Toronto.
“I told [Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren] a while back that I’d fly down and have some fun,” he said.
You can listen to the interview here.
Seeing Lindros in Flyers colors again will be great for the fans, even if the break-up got a little messy. (OK, very messy.) If they can get the Legion of Doom together, even better. It sounds like John LeClair will be there, but Lindros said the Flyers had been having trouble getting in contact with Mikael Renberg. So if you’re reading this, Mikael, please call the Flyers.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)