Oct 26, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
It’s official – Eric Lindros is playing in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game in Philadelphia. The game will actually take place in 2011, on Dec. 31 to be specific.
The Big E confirmed the rumors today on the FAN 590 radio station in Toronto.
“I told [Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren] a while back that I’d fly down and have some fun,” he said.
You can listen to the interview here.
Seeing Lindros in Flyers colors again will be great for the fans, even if the break-up got a little messy. (OK, very messy.) If they can get the Legion of Doom together, even better. It sounds like John LeClair will be there, but Lindros said the Flyers had been having trouble getting in contact with Mikael Renberg. So if you’re reading this, Mikael, please call the Flyers.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)