Oct 26, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
It’s official – Eric Lindros is playing in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game in Philadelphia. The game will actually take place in 2011, on Dec. 31 to be specific.
The Big E confirmed the rumors today on the FAN 590 radio station in Toronto.
“I told [Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren] a while back that I’d fly down and have some fun,” he said.
You can listen to the interview here.
Seeing Lindros in Flyers colors again will be great for the fans, even if the break-up got a little messy. (OK, very messy.) If they can get the Legion of Doom together, even better. It sounds like John LeClair will be there, but Lindros said the Flyers had been having trouble getting in contact with Mikael Renberg. So if you’re reading this, Mikael, please call the Flyers.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 0
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)