Oct 26, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
It’s official – Eric Lindros is playing in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game in Philadelphia. The game will actually take place in 2011, on Dec. 31 to be specific.
The Big E confirmed the rumors today on the FAN 590 radio station in Toronto.
“I told [Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren] a while back that I’d fly down and have some fun,” he said.
You can listen to the interview here.
Seeing Lindros in Flyers colors again will be great for the fans, even if the break-up got a little messy. (OK, very messy.) If they can get the Legion of Doom together, even better. It sounds like John LeClair will be there, but Lindros said the Flyers had been having trouble getting in contact with Mikael Renberg. So if you’re reading this, Mikael, please call the Flyers.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)