Oct 26, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
It’s official – Eric Lindros is playing in the 2012 Winter Classic alumni game in Philadelphia. The game will actually take place in 2011, on Dec. 31 to be specific.
The Big E confirmed the rumors today on the FAN 590 radio station in Toronto.
“I told [Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren] a while back that I’d fly down and have some fun,” he said.
You can listen to the interview here.
Seeing Lindros in Flyers colors again will be great for the fans, even if the break-up got a little messy. (OK, very messy.) If they can get the Legion of Doom together, even better. It sounds like John LeClair will be there, but Lindros said the Flyers had been having trouble getting in contact with Mikael Renberg. So if you’re reading this, Mikael, please call the Flyers.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38