Oct 26, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
After a seven-game road trip that went from Europe to Long Island to Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton to Winnipeg, with a quick stopover in Buenos Aires for some fun in the sun, the New York Rangers will finally get to play a home game Thursday at the partially-revamped Madison Square Garden.
MSG is currently undergoing a massive renovation that won’t be finished for a couple of more years, as most of the work has to be done in the summer. But the Rangers’ new locker room is finished, and judging by the photo Deadspin just published (via Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com), they sure didn’t skimp on the floor logo.
Deadspin writer Barry Petchesky also called attention to the fact a reporter is standing on the logo, a colossal no-no according to proper locker-room protocol. If you’ve never been in an NHL dressing room, “don’t stand on the logo” is right up there with “don’t take pictures” and “don’t pretend you’re one of the players and do controversial interviews.” At the Cup final in Boston, there was a TD Garden employee whose only job was to keep reporters off the logo. No easy job, considering the Bruins’ locker room is the size of your average walk-in closet.
Anyway, Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports via Twitter that the Rangers will cover the enormous logo after games to avoid any future faux-pas. No truth to the rumor they’ll use the tarp that covers the infield at Yankee Stadium.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)