Oct 26, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
After a seven-game road trip that went from Europe to Long Island to Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton to Winnipeg, with a quick stopover in Buenos Aires for some fun in the sun, the New York Rangers will finally get to play a home game Thursday at the partially-revamped Madison Square Garden.
MSG is currently undergoing a massive renovation that won’t be finished for a couple of more years, as most of the work has to be done in the summer. But the Rangers’ new locker room is finished, and judging by the photo Deadspin just published (via Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com), they sure didn’t skimp on the floor logo.
Deadspin writer Barry Petchesky also called attention to the fact a reporter is standing on the logo, a colossal no-no according to proper locker-room protocol. If you’ve never been in an NHL dressing room, “don’t stand on the logo” is right up there with “don’t take pictures” and “don’t pretend you’re one of the players and do controversial interviews.” At the Cup final in Boston, there was a TD Garden employee whose only job was to keep reporters off the logo. No easy job, considering the Bruins’ locker room is the size of your average walk-in closet.
Anyway, Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports via Twitter that the Rangers will cover the enormous logo after games to avoid any future faux-pas. No truth to the rumor they’ll use the tarp that covers the infield at Yankee Stadium.
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 2
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 16
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 57
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 88
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (90)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games