Oct 26, 2011, 3:17 PM EST
After a seven-game road trip that went from Europe to Long Island to Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton to Winnipeg, with a quick stopover in Buenos Aires for some fun in the sun, the New York Rangers will finally get to play a home game Thursday at the partially-revamped Madison Square Garden.
MSG is currently undergoing a massive renovation that won’t be finished for a couple of more years, as most of the work has to be done in the summer. But the Rangers’ new locker room is finished, and judging by the photo Deadspin just published (via Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com), they sure didn’t skimp on the floor logo.
Deadspin writer Barry Petchesky also called attention to the fact a reporter is standing on the logo, a colossal no-no according to proper locker-room protocol. If you’ve never been in an NHL dressing room, “don’t stand on the logo” is right up there with “don’t take pictures” and “don’t pretend you’re one of the players and do controversial interviews.” At the Cup final in Boston, there was a TD Garden employee whose only job was to keep reporters off the logo. No easy job, considering the Bruins’ locker room is the size of your average walk-in closet.
Anyway, Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports via Twitter that the Rangers will cover the enormous logo after games to avoid any future faux-pas. No truth to the rumor they’ll use the tarp that covers the infield at Yankee Stadium.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46