Oct 26, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
After a seven-game road trip that went from Europe to Long Island to Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton to Winnipeg, with a quick stopover in Buenos Aires for some fun in the sun, the New York Rangers will finally get to play a home game Thursday at the partially-revamped Madison Square Garden.
MSG is currently undergoing a massive renovation that won’t be finished for a couple of more years, as most of the work has to be done in the summer. But the Rangers’ new locker room is finished, and judging by the photo Deadspin just published (via Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com), they sure didn’t skimp on the floor logo.
Deadspin writer Barry Petchesky also called attention to the fact a reporter is standing on the logo, a colossal no-no according to proper locker-room protocol. If you’ve never been in an NHL dressing room, “don’t stand on the logo” is right up there with “don’t take pictures” and “don’t pretend you’re one of the players and do controversial interviews.” At the Cup final in Boston, there was a TD Garden employee whose only job was to keep reporters off the logo. No easy job, considering the Bruins’ locker room is the size of your average walk-in closet.
Anyway, Dave Lozo of NHL.com reports via Twitter that the Rangers will cover the enormous logo after games to avoid any future faux-pas. No truth to the rumor they’ll use the tarp that covers the infield at Yankee Stadium.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 0
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 33
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 23
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 48
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)