Oct 25, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
As NBC’s Pierre McGuire mentions in the video, Vincent Lecavalier hasn’t seen much of Robyn Regehr since Tampa met Calgary in the 2004 Stanley Cup final. And that was probably just fine with Vinny. Regehr absolutely smokes him into the boards on this hit, but kudos to the Lightning captain for getting up and skating it off.
(For those wondering about a response, Ryan Malone went after Regehr about four minutes later. Both received roughing minors.)
Regehr’s had a solid, if understated, start to his time in Buffalo. Paired with former Calder Trophy winner Tyler Myers on defense, Regehr’s had a calming influence on his young partner after a tough sophomore campaign last year. Myers is at plus-2 on the year, no small feat for a guy that went minus-10 last October.
As for Lecavalier — he doesn’t appear to be any worse for wear and is still taking regular shifts.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)