Oct 25, 2011, 9:39 PM EST
As NBC’s Pierre McGuire mentions in the video, Vincent Lecavalier hasn’t seen much of Robyn Regehr since Tampa met Calgary in the 2004 Stanley Cup final. And that was probably just fine with Vinny. Regehr absolutely smokes him into the boards on this hit, but kudos to the Lightning captain for getting up and skating it off.
(For those wondering about a response, Ryan Malone went after Regehr about four minutes later. Both received roughing minors.)
Regehr’s had a solid, if understated, start to his time in Buffalo. Paired with former Calder Trophy winner Tyler Myers on defense, Regehr’s had a calming influence on his young partner after a tough sophomore campaign last year. Myers is at plus-2 on the year, no small feat for a guy that went minus-10 last October.
As for Lecavalier — he doesn’t appear to be any worse for wear and is still taking regular shifts.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)