Oct 25, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
As NBC’s Pierre McGuire mentions in the video, Vincent Lecavalier hasn’t seen much of Robyn Regehr since Tampa met Calgary in the 2004 Stanley Cup final. And that was probably just fine with Vinny. Regehr absolutely smokes him into the boards on this hit, but kudos to the Lightning captain for getting up and skating it off.
(For those wondering about a response, Ryan Malone went after Regehr about four minutes later. Both received roughing minors.)
Regehr’s had a solid, if understated, start to his time in Buffalo. Paired with former Calder Trophy winner Tyler Myers on defense, Regehr’s had a calming influence on his young partner after a tough sophomore campaign last year. Myers is at plus-2 on the year, no small feat for a guy that went minus-10 last October.
As for Lecavalier — he doesn’t appear to be any worse for wear and is still taking regular shifts.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)