Oct 25, 2011, 9:39 PM EDT
As NBC’s Pierre McGuire mentions in the video, Vincent Lecavalier hasn’t seen much of Robyn Regehr since Tampa met Calgary in the 2004 Stanley Cup final. And that was probably just fine with Vinny. Regehr absolutely smokes him into the boards on this hit, but kudos to the Lightning captain for getting up and skating it off.
(For those wondering about a response, Ryan Malone went after Regehr about four minutes later. Both received roughing minors.)
Regehr’s had a solid, if understated, start to his time in Buffalo. Paired with former Calder Trophy winner Tyler Myers on defense, Regehr’s had a calming influence on his young partner after a tough sophomore campaign last year. Myers is at plus-2 on the year, no small feat for a guy that went minus-10 last October.
As for Lecavalier — he doesn’t appear to be any worse for wear and is still taking regular shifts.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 10
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 18
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)