Oct 25, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
One of the best blogs in the business
not called ProHockeyTalk is the Washington Post’s Capitals Insider, authored by Katie Carrera and Tarik El-Bashir. They bring you anything and everything from the world of the Washington Capitals — and today was no exception.
Several Caps players brought their dogs to practice for a photo shoot with the Washington Animal Rescue League, and Caps Insider was all over it. Reports indicate Mike Green, Dennis Wideman and Nicklas Backstrom were just a few of the players that took part — Jeff Halpern took his puppy onto the ice, Michael Neuvirth walked his dog, Tractor, through the dressing room while Bruce Boudreau swatted Alex Semin with a rolled-up newspaper. (*Jokes*)
In non-canine related activity, Green missed his second straight practice today with a bum ankle. He injured the ankle during the first period of Saturday’s win over Detroit, but will travel to Vancouver and Edmonton with the team for their Western road swing.
And since we already mentioned Neuvirth (and his good buddy Tractor, a Shar-Pei) — Boudreau dropped a few hints that suggest he might get the start Thursday against the Oilers at Rexall Place. Neuvirth hasn’t played since the season opener, party due to a bruised foot and partly due to the fact Tomas Vokoun has been on fire.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)