Oct 25, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
One of the best blogs in the business
not called ProHockeyTalk is the Washington Post’s Capitals Insider, authored by Katie Carrera and Tarik El-Bashir. They bring you anything and everything from the world of the Washington Capitals — and today was no exception.
Several Caps players brought their dogs to practice for a photo shoot with the Washington Animal Rescue League, and Caps Insider was all over it. Reports indicate Mike Green, Dennis Wideman and Nicklas Backstrom were just a few of the players that took part — Jeff Halpern took his puppy onto the ice, Michael Neuvirth walked his dog, Tractor, through the dressing room while Bruce Boudreau swatted Alex Semin with a rolled-up newspaper. (*Jokes*)
In non-canine related activity, Green missed his second straight practice today with a bum ankle. He injured the ankle during the first period of Saturday’s win over Detroit, but will travel to Vancouver and Edmonton with the team for their Western road swing.
And since we already mentioned Neuvirth (and his good buddy Tractor, a Shar-Pei) — Boudreau dropped a few hints that suggest he might get the start Thursday against the Oilers at Rexall Place. Neuvirth hasn’t played since the season opener, party due to a bruised foot and partly due to the fact Tomas Vokoun has been on fire.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 44
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)