Oct 25, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
With the Winter Classic stuff out of the way for the NHL to be poorly secretive over, their next badly kept secret is about to be let out of the bag.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the NHL will announce on Thursday that the 2012 NHL Draft will be in Pittsburgh. After the draft had been out west the last two year in Los Angeles and Minnesota, it was time for the big event to come back east and with a brand new facility like the CONSOL Energy Center to show off in Pittsburgh, it made too much sense to go there.
With the Winter Classic in Philadelphia and now the draft set to be in Pittsburgh, maybe we can find NHL events for other cities in Pennsylvania as well. I hear Harrisburg needs money, maybe we can get them something too. Maybe a little something in Allentown or Hershey or Wilkes-Barre while we’re at it. NBC’s The Office is set in Scranton – I’m smelling crossover potential here.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)