Oct 25, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
With the Winter Classic stuff out of the way for the NHL to be poorly secretive over, their next badly kept secret is about to be let out of the bag.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the NHL will announce on Thursday that the 2012 NHL Draft will be in Pittsburgh. After the draft had been out west the last two year in Los Angeles and Minnesota, it was time for the big event to come back east and with a brand new facility like the CONSOL Energy Center to show off in Pittsburgh, it made too much sense to go there.
With the Winter Classic in Philadelphia and now the draft set to be in Pittsburgh, maybe we can find NHL events for other cities in Pennsylvania as well. I hear Harrisburg needs money, maybe we can get them something too. Maybe a little something in Allentown or Hershey or Wilkes-Barre while we’re at it. NBC’s The Office is set in Scranton – I’m smelling crossover potential here.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)