Oct 25, 2011, 9:37 AM EDT
With the Winter Classic stuff out of the way for the NHL to be poorly secretive over, their next badly kept secret is about to be let out of the bag.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that the NHL will announce on Thursday that the 2012 NHL Draft will be in Pittsburgh. After the draft had been out west the last two year in Los Angeles and Minnesota, it was time for the big event to come back east and with a brand new facility like the CONSOL Energy Center to show off in Pittsburgh, it made too much sense to go there.
With the Winter Classic in Philadelphia and now the draft set to be in Pittsburgh, maybe we can find NHL events for other cities in Pennsylvania as well. I hear Harrisburg needs money, maybe we can get them something too. Maybe a little something in Allentown or Hershey or Wilkes-Barre while we’re at it. NBC’s The Office is set in Scranton – I’m smelling crossover potential here.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)