Oct 25, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
There was a business-like vibe floating around Anaheim Ducks practice this morning. Prior to the players taking the ice, head coach Randy Carlyle conducted more meetings than the regional manager of a paper supply company.
According to NHL.com, Carlyle held a pre-practice meeting with the Ducks defensemen. Then he held a meeting with the forwards. Then, just for good measure, he had a team meeting.
“I met with the two groups and we just went over some of the things that have been transpiring in the last couple games,” said Carlyle. “Some of the things are things that ail us as a hockey club and we won’t have a chance for success unless we correct them. That’s just a matter of fact.”
The Ducks have lost two straight and have not looked good doing so. Carlyle said his team was “not ready to play” in Friday’s 3-1 loss to Dallas and pulled starting goalie Jonas Hiller in Sunday’s 5-4 loss to Phoenix. The coach didn’t blame his netminder entirely for the loss — saying lazy play and poor defense in front of Hiller contributed to the poor performance — but did say backup Dan Ellis could get a start sometime soon.
Think Carlyle will have a goalies-only meeting prior to tonight’s contest? It would seem appropriate.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)