Oct 25, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
There was a business-like vibe floating around Anaheim Ducks practice this morning. Prior to the players taking the ice, head coach Randy Carlyle conducted more meetings than the regional manager of a paper supply company.
According to NHL.com, Carlyle held a pre-practice meeting with the Ducks defensemen. Then he held a meeting with the forwards. Then, just for good measure, he had a team meeting.
“I met with the two groups and we just went over some of the things that have been transpiring in the last couple games,” said Carlyle. “Some of the things are things that ail us as a hockey club and we won’t have a chance for success unless we correct them. That’s just a matter of fact.”
The Ducks have lost two straight and have not looked good doing so. Carlyle said his team was “not ready to play” in Friday’s 3-1 loss to Dallas and pulled starting goalie Jonas Hiller in Sunday’s 5-4 loss to Phoenix. The coach didn’t blame his netminder entirely for the loss — saying lazy play and poor defense in front of Hiller contributed to the poor performance — but did say backup Dan Ellis could get a start sometime soon.
Think Carlyle will have a goalies-only meeting prior to tonight’s contest? It would seem appropriate.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)