Oct 25, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
The Flyers clarified how long they expect Pronger to be out and believe it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks before he can return to action according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio. Pronger’s injury puts the Flyers in a bad spot as he’s instrumental to how they roll defensively, but GM Paul Holmgren says that when Pronger returns he’ll be sporting a visor to protect himself.
Given that we don’t know quite how severe his injury is, Holmgren says he’s got a cut outside of his eye, you have to wonder if perhaps the Flyers are being a bit too optimistic how soon he’ll be back. While it’s great that Pronger will eventually return and be wearing a visor when he does so, the Flyers are going to need to regroup and get tough over the next 2-3 weeks (at least) until Pronger is back.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 30
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54