Oct 25, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
The Flyers clarified how long they expect Pronger to be out and believe it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks before he can return to action according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio. Pronger’s injury puts the Flyers in a bad spot as he’s instrumental to how they roll defensively, but GM Paul Holmgren says that when Pronger returns he’ll be sporting a visor to protect himself.
Given that we don’t know quite how severe his injury is, Holmgren says he’s got a cut outside of his eye, you have to wonder if perhaps the Flyers are being a bit too optimistic how soon he’ll be back. While it’s great that Pronger will eventually return and be wearing a visor when he does so, the Flyers are going to need to regroup and get tough over the next 2-3 weeks (at least) until Pronger is back.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5