Oct 25, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
The Flyers clarified how long they expect Pronger to be out and believe it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks before he can return to action according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio. Pronger’s injury puts the Flyers in a bad spot as he’s instrumental to how they roll defensively, but GM Paul Holmgren says that when Pronger returns he’ll be sporting a visor to protect himself.
Given that we don’t know quite how severe his injury is, Holmgren says he’s got a cut outside of his eye, you have to wonder if perhaps the Flyers are being a bit too optimistic how soon he’ll be back. While it’s great that Pronger will eventually return and be wearing a visor when he does so, the Flyers are going to need to regroup and get tough over the next 2-3 weeks (at least) until Pronger is back.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51