Oct 25, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
The Flyers clarified how long they expect Pronger to be out and believe it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks before he can return to action according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio. Pronger’s injury puts the Flyers in a bad spot as he’s instrumental to how they roll defensively, but GM Paul Holmgren says that when Pronger returns he’ll be sporting a visor to protect himself.
Given that we don’t know quite how severe his injury is, Holmgren says he’s got a cut outside of his eye, you have to wonder if perhaps the Flyers are being a bit too optimistic how soon he’ll be back. While it’s great that Pronger will eventually return and be wearing a visor when he does so, the Flyers are going to need to regroup and get tough over the next 2-3 weeks (at least) until Pronger is back.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4