Oct 25, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
The Flyers clarified how long they expect Pronger to be out and believe it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks before he can return to action according to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio. Pronger’s injury puts the Flyers in a bad spot as he’s instrumental to how they roll defensively, but GM Paul Holmgren says that when Pronger returns he’ll be sporting a visor to protect himself.
Given that we don’t know quite how severe his injury is, Holmgren says he’s got a cut outside of his eye, you have to wonder if perhaps the Flyers are being a bit too optimistic how soon he’ll be back. While it’s great that Pronger will eventually return and be wearing a visor when he does so, the Flyers are going to need to regroup and get tough over the next 2-3 weeks (at least) until Pronger is back.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8