Oct 25, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Pens fans can rejoice—Evgeni Malkin is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the New York Islanders. Malkin was a game-time decision for tonight’s game in Long Island; but the allure of a rematch against the blood-rival Islanders proved to be too much to keep Malkin off the ice.
Malkin has been productive in the few games he’s played in the early going this season. The problem is that he’s only played in a few games. Whether he’s having a tough time recovering from last season’s knee surgery or not, the man knows how to fill up the score sheet when he’s on the ice. His timing couldn’t come at a better time since the Pens have hit a lull after a quick start.
The happiest man on the ice should be James Neal. Even without Malkin and Sidney Crosby in the lineup, Neal’s eight goals are already among the league leaders. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do when he has a world-class playmaker putting the puck on a tee for him all game?
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)