Oct 25, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
Pens fans can rejoice—Evgeni Malkin is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the New York Islanders. Malkin was a game-time decision for tonight’s game in Long Island; but the allure of a rematch against the blood-rival Islanders proved to be too much to keep Malkin off the ice.
Malkin has been productive in the few games he’s played in the early going this season. The problem is that he’s only played in a few games. Whether he’s having a tough time recovering from last season’s knee surgery or not, the man knows how to fill up the score sheet when he’s on the ice. His timing couldn’t come at a better time since the Pens have hit a lull after a quick start.
The happiest man on the ice should be James Neal. Even without Malkin and Sidney Crosby in the lineup, Neal’s eight goals are already among the league leaders. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do when he has a world-class playmaker putting the puck on a tee for him all game?
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)