Oct 25, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Pens fans can rejoice—Evgeni Malkin is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the New York Islanders. Malkin was a game-time decision for tonight’s game in Long Island; but the allure of a rematch against the blood-rival Islanders proved to be too much to keep Malkin off the ice.
Malkin has been productive in the few games he’s played in the early going this season. The problem is that he’s only played in a few games. Whether he’s having a tough time recovering from last season’s knee surgery or not, the man knows how to fill up the score sheet when he’s on the ice. His timing couldn’t come at a better time since the Pens have hit a lull after a quick start.
The happiest man on the ice should be James Neal. Even without Malkin and Sidney Crosby in the lineup, Neal’s eight goals are already among the league leaders. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do when he has a world-class playmaker putting the puck on a tee for him all game?
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)