Oct 25, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
Pens fans can rejoice—Evgeni Malkin is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the New York Islanders. Malkin was a game-time decision for tonight’s game in Long Island; but the allure of a rematch against the blood-rival Islanders proved to be too much to keep Malkin off the ice.
Malkin has been productive in the few games he’s played in the early going this season. The problem is that he’s only played in a few games. Whether he’s having a tough time recovering from last season’s knee surgery or not, the man knows how to fill up the score sheet when he’s on the ice. His timing couldn’t come at a better time since the Pens have hit a lull after a quick start.
The happiest man on the ice should be James Neal. Even without Malkin and Sidney Crosby in the lineup, Neal’s eight goals are already among the league leaders. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do when he has a world-class playmaker putting the puck on a tee for him all game?
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (78)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)