Oct 25, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The reincarnation of Dan Carcillo‘s Twitter account (@CarBombBoom13) has been a real treasure chest for social media enthusiasts. From coming up with nicknames for linemates — Patrick Kane is Biebs, Marian Hossa is Enrique — to detailed analysis of his moustache, Carcillo’s tweeting has provided a constant stream of amusement.
He also provides some quality bulletin-board material:
In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly harmless. Duck Hunt was a pretty rad game, so it’s fair to suggest Carcillo’s tweet is really just an homage to 8-bit graphics.
But…the guy does have some history with Anaheim. Most notably, Corey Perry.
Everything stems from a 2007 altercation when Carcillo was with Phoenix. The two threw down in what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill scrap but later that same game, Perry nailed Carcillo with what the latter thought was a knee-on-knee hit.
The current Anaheim squad has guys willing to answer the bell should Carcillo go duck hunting. Everybody will point to George Parros (though at 6-foot-5, 222 pounds, he’s a little out of Carcillo’s weight class) but there’s also Matt Beleskey, who showed good form in a fight with San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins earlier this year.
That said, Carcillo has yet to fight this year and has as many points (two) as penalty minutes. He also leads all Chicago skaters with a plus-5 rating. There’s two schools of thought on the matter — the first is that Carcillo has matured into a legit NHLer playing in Chicago’s top six and curbed his reckless ways.
The second is that it’s only a matter of time before Carbomb explodes.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)