Oct 25, 2011, 3:06 PM EST
The reincarnation of Dan Carcillo‘s Twitter account (@CarBombBoom13) has been a real treasure chest for social media enthusiasts. From coming up with nicknames for linemates — Patrick Kane is Biebs, Marian Hossa is Enrique — to detailed analysis of his moustache, Carcillo’s tweeting has provided a constant stream of amusement.
He also provides some quality bulletin-board material:
In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly harmless. Duck Hunt was a pretty rad game, so it’s fair to suggest Carcillo’s tweet is really just an homage to 8-bit graphics.
But…the guy does have some history with Anaheim. Most notably, Corey Perry.
Everything stems from a 2007 altercation when Carcillo was with Phoenix. The two threw down in what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill scrap but later that same game, Perry nailed Carcillo with what the latter thought was a knee-on-knee hit.
The current Anaheim squad has guys willing to answer the bell should Carcillo go duck hunting. Everybody will point to George Parros (though at 6-foot-5, 222 pounds, he’s a little out of Carcillo’s weight class) but there’s also Matt Beleskey, who showed good form in a fight with San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins earlier this year.
That said, Carcillo has yet to fight this year and has as many points (two) as penalty minutes. He also leads all Chicago skaters with a plus-5 rating. There’s two schools of thought on the matter — the first is that Carcillo has matured into a legit NHLer playing in Chicago’s top six and curbed his reckless ways.
The second is that it’s only a matter of time before Carbomb explodes.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)