Oct 25, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The reincarnation of Dan Carcillo‘s Twitter account (@CarBombBoom13) has been a real treasure chest for social media enthusiasts. From coming up with nicknames for linemates — Patrick Kane is Biebs, Marian Hossa is Enrique — to detailed analysis of his moustache, Carcillo’s tweeting has provided a constant stream of amusement.
He also provides some quality bulletin-board material:
In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly harmless. Duck Hunt was a pretty rad game, so it’s fair to suggest Carcillo’s tweet is really just an homage to 8-bit graphics.
But…the guy does have some history with Anaheim. Most notably, Corey Perry.
Everything stems from a 2007 altercation when Carcillo was with Phoenix. The two threw down in what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill scrap but later that same game, Perry nailed Carcillo with what the latter thought was a knee-on-knee hit.
The current Anaheim squad has guys willing to answer the bell should Carcillo go duck hunting. Everybody will point to George Parros (though at 6-foot-5, 222 pounds, he’s a little out of Carcillo’s weight class) but there’s also Matt Beleskey, who showed good form in a fight with San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins earlier this year.
That said, Carcillo has yet to fight this year and has as many points (two) as penalty minutes. He also leads all Chicago skaters with a plus-5 rating. There’s two schools of thought on the matter — the first is that Carcillo has matured into a legit NHLer playing in Chicago’s top six and curbed his reckless ways.
The second is that it’s only a matter of time before Carbomb explodes.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 6
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 8
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 16
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)