Oct 25, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The reincarnation of Dan Carcillo‘s Twitter account (@CarBombBoom13) has been a real treasure chest for social media enthusiasts. From coming up with nicknames for linemates — Patrick Kane is Biebs, Marian Hossa is Enrique — to detailed analysis of his moustache, Carcillo’s tweeting has provided a constant stream of amusement.
He also provides some quality bulletin-board material:
In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly harmless. Duck Hunt was a pretty rad game, so it’s fair to suggest Carcillo’s tweet is really just an homage to 8-bit graphics.
But…the guy does have some history with Anaheim. Most notably, Corey Perry.
Everything stems from a 2007 altercation when Carcillo was with Phoenix. The two threw down in what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill scrap but later that same game, Perry nailed Carcillo with what the latter thought was a knee-on-knee hit.
The current Anaheim squad has guys willing to answer the bell should Carcillo go duck hunting. Everybody will point to George Parros (though at 6-foot-5, 222 pounds, he’s a little out of Carcillo’s weight class) but there’s also Matt Beleskey, who showed good form in a fight with San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins earlier this year.
That said, Carcillo has yet to fight this year and has as many points (two) as penalty minutes. He also leads all Chicago skaters with a plus-5 rating. There’s two schools of thought on the matter — the first is that Carcillo has matured into a legit NHLer playing in Chicago’s top six and curbed his reckless ways.
The second is that it’s only a matter of time before Carbomb explodes.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25