Oct 25, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
The reincarnation of Dan Carcillo‘s Twitter account (@CarBombBoom13) has been a real treasure chest for social media enthusiasts. From coming up with nicknames for linemates — Patrick Kane is Biebs, Marian Hossa is Enrique — to detailed analysis of his moustache, Carcillo’s tweeting has provided a constant stream of amusement.
He also provides some quality bulletin-board material:
In the grand scheme of things, this is fairly harmless. Duck Hunt was a pretty rad game, so it’s fair to suggest Carcillo’s tweet is really just an homage to 8-bit graphics.
But…the guy does have some history with Anaheim. Most notably, Corey Perry.
Everything stems from a 2007 altercation when Carcillo was with Phoenix. The two threw down in what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill scrap but later that same game, Perry nailed Carcillo with what the latter thought was a knee-on-knee hit.
The current Anaheim squad has guys willing to answer the bell should Carcillo go duck hunting. Everybody will point to George Parros (though at 6-foot-5, 222 pounds, he’s a little out of Carcillo’s weight class) but there’s also Matt Beleskey, who showed good form in a fight with San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins earlier this year.
That said, Carcillo has yet to fight this year and has as many points (two) as penalty minutes. He also leads all Chicago skaters with a plus-5 rating. There’s two schools of thought on the matter — the first is that Carcillo has matured into a legit NHLer playing in Chicago’s top six and curbed his reckless ways.
The second is that it’s only a matter of time before Carbomb explodes.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 20
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 19
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)