Oct 25, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have activated C Mike Fisher for tonight’s game against San Jose. (The Preds also activated D Francis Bouillon, who is not married to anyone famous.)
Fisher returns to the lineup after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery that cost him all of the preseason and Nashville’s first seven regular season games. Getting him back is big for the Preds — Fisher had 19 points in 39 games after coming over from Ottawa last season and helped lead the team to the first playoff series win in franchise history.
The trade also put him and wife Carrie Underwood in the same city, making them Tennessee’s hottest power couple since…Vince Gill and Amy Grant? Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher’s wife? That’s all I got.
As for what to expect this evening, Dirk Hoag at On The Forecheck suggests there could be a rust factor as Fisher hasn’t been practicing with the team. Whereas Bouillion traveled with the Predators on their recent Western Canada road swing, Fisher stayed behind in Nashville to work out and strengthen his shoulder.
“I’ve been skating since August and have been shooting,” Fisher told the Preds website. “Conditioning-wise, I feel ready and strong. I should be good to go … I just have to build confidence in it. I’ve been trying to do that in practice but it’s different than in a game. It will be good to get in there and see how it feels.”
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 12
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 6
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 35
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)