Oct 25, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have activated C Mike Fisher for tonight’s game against San Jose. (The Preds also activated D Francis Bouillon, who is not married to anyone famous.)
Fisher returns to the lineup after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery that cost him all of the preseason and Nashville’s first seven regular season games. Getting him back is big for the Preds — Fisher had 19 points in 39 games after coming over from Ottawa last season and helped lead the team to the first playoff series win in franchise history.
The trade also put him and wife Carrie Underwood in the same city, making them Tennessee’s hottest power couple since…Vince Gill and Amy Grant? Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher’s wife? That’s all I got.
As for what to expect this evening, Dirk Hoag at On The Forecheck suggests there could be a rust factor as Fisher hasn’t been practicing with the team. Whereas Bouillion traveled with the Predators on their recent Western Canada road swing, Fisher stayed behind in Nashville to work out and strengthen his shoulder.
“I’ve been skating since August and have been shooting,” Fisher told the Preds website. “Conditioning-wise, I feel ready and strong. I should be good to go … I just have to build confidence in it. I’ve been trying to do that in practice but it’s different than in a game. It will be good to get in there and see how it feels.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)