Oct 25, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have activated C Mike Fisher for tonight’s game against San Jose. (The Preds also activated D Francis Bouillon, who is not married to anyone famous.)
Fisher returns to the lineup after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery that cost him all of the preseason and Nashville’s first seven regular season games. Getting him back is big for the Preds — Fisher had 19 points in 39 games after coming over from Ottawa last season and helped lead the team to the first playoff series win in franchise history.
The trade also put him and wife Carrie Underwood in the same city, making them Tennessee’s hottest power couple since…Vince Gill and Amy Grant? Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher’s wife? That’s all I got.
As for what to expect this evening, Dirk Hoag at On The Forecheck suggests there could be a rust factor as Fisher hasn’t been practicing with the team. Whereas Bouillion traveled with the Predators on their recent Western Canada road swing, Fisher stayed behind in Nashville to work out and strengthen his shoulder.
“I’ve been skating since August and have been shooting,” Fisher told the Preds website. “Conditioning-wise, I feel ready and strong. I should be good to go … I just have to build confidence in it. I’ve been trying to do that in practice but it’s different than in a game. It will be good to get in there and see how it feels.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)