Oct 25, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
The Nashville Predators have activated C Mike Fisher for tonight’s game against San Jose. (The Preds also activated D Francis Bouillon, who is not married to anyone famous.)
Fisher returns to the lineup after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery that cost him all of the preseason and Nashville’s first seven regular season games. Getting him back is big for the Preds — Fisher had 19 points in 39 games after coming over from Ottawa last season and helped lead the team to the first playoff series win in franchise history.
The trade also put him and wife Carrie Underwood in the same city, making them Tennessee’s hottest power couple since…Vince Gill and Amy Grant? Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher’s wife? That’s all I got.
As for what to expect this evening, Dirk Hoag at On The Forecheck suggests there could be a rust factor as Fisher hasn’t been practicing with the team. Whereas Bouillion traveled with the Predators on their recent Western Canada road swing, Fisher stayed behind in Nashville to work out and strengthen his shoulder.
“I’ve been skating since August and have been shooting,” Fisher told the Preds website. “Conditioning-wise, I feel ready and strong. I should be good to go … I just have to build confidence in it. I’ve been trying to do that in practice but it’s different than in a game. It will be good to get in there and see how it feels.”
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)