Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s white hot start to the season has been quite the sight to see. He’s had three straight shutouts for the Kings and it’s caused us to wonder if he’s one of the best in the game now. He’s 5-0-1 this season and his goals against average is microscopic while his save percentage is sky high. Life is good for Jon Quick.
So of course with Quick on such a great run and the Devils coming into town as the only team to beat him this year (ahem, in a shootout), he would get the night off. Jonathan Quick will not have his revenge on New Jersey on this night, but coach Terry Murray says it was planned this way all along, shutout streak or not.
That means tonight’s game will be a showdown of backup goalies with Jonathan Bernier starting for the Kings and Johan Hedberg starting in place of the ailing Martin Brodeur. Ho hum, we didn’t want to see mutual shutouts anyhow.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)