Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s white hot start to the season has been quite the sight to see. He’s had three straight shutouts for the Kings and it’s caused us to wonder if he’s one of the best in the game now. He’s 5-0-1 this season and his goals against average is microscopic while his save percentage is sky high. Life is good for Jon Quick.
So of course with Quick on such a great run and the Devils coming into town as the only team to beat him this year (ahem, in a shootout), he would get the night off. Jonathan Quick will not have his revenge on New Jersey on this night, but coach Terry Murray says it was planned this way all along, shutout streak or not.
That means tonight’s game will be a showdown of backup goalies with Jonathan Bernier starting for the Kings and Johan Hedberg starting in place of the ailing Martin Brodeur. Ho hum, we didn’t want to see mutual shutouts anyhow.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)