Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s white hot start to the season has been quite the sight to see. He’s had three straight shutouts for the Kings and it’s caused us to wonder if he’s one of the best in the game now. He’s 5-0-1 this season and his goals against average is microscopic while his save percentage is sky high. Life is good for Jon Quick.
So of course with Quick on such a great run and the Devils coming into town as the only team to beat him this year (ahem, in a shootout), he would get the night off. Jonathan Quick will not have his revenge on New Jersey on this night, but coach Terry Murray says it was planned this way all along, shutout streak or not.
That means tonight’s game will be a showdown of backup goalies with Jonathan Bernier starting for the Kings and Johan Hedberg starting in place of the ailing Martin Brodeur. Ho hum, we didn’t want to see mutual shutouts anyhow.
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 7
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 14
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 25
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)