Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s white hot start to the season has been quite the sight to see. He’s had three straight shutouts for the Kings and it’s caused us to wonder if he’s one of the best in the game now. He’s 5-0-1 this season and his goals against average is microscopic while his save percentage is sky high. Life is good for Jon Quick.
So of course with Quick on such a great run and the Devils coming into town as the only team to beat him this year (ahem, in a shootout), he would get the night off. Jonathan Quick will not have his revenge on New Jersey on this night, but coach Terry Murray says it was planned this way all along, shutout streak or not.
That means tonight’s game will be a showdown of backup goalies with Jonathan Bernier starting for the Kings and Johan Hedberg starting in place of the ailing Martin Brodeur. Ho hum, we didn’t want to see mutual shutouts anyhow.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 12
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)