Oct 25, 2011, 10:43 AM EDT
Jonathan Quick‘s white hot start to the season has been quite the sight to see. He’s had three straight shutouts for the Kings and it’s caused us to wonder if he’s one of the best in the game now. He’s 5-0-1 this season and his goals against average is microscopic while his save percentage is sky high. Life is good for Jon Quick.
So of course with Quick on such a great run and the Devils coming into town as the only team to beat him this year (ahem, in a shootout), he would get the night off. Jonathan Quick will not have his revenge on New Jersey on this night, but coach Terry Murray says it was planned this way all along, shutout streak or not.
That means tonight’s game will be a showdown of backup goalies with Jonathan Bernier starting for the Kings and Johan Hedberg starting in place of the ailing Martin Brodeur. Ho hum, we didn’t want to see mutual shutouts anyhow.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4