Oct 24, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
While there was just one game last night, a 5-4 barn burner of a win for the Coyotes over the Ducks, one thing you don’t expect in those kinds of games is one of the best saves you’ll see this season. The other part of that is that you probably wouldn’t expect it to come from Phoenix’s Mike Smith.
Seeing is believing though, and Smith made one of the best saves of the season in stuffing America’s favorite Duck, Bobby Ryan.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21