Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green is hurting. Whether he’s actually “hurt” isn’t clear.
According to Katie Carrera at the Washington Post, Green was walking with a “rather severe limp” today at the team’s practice facility. His right foot was also wrapped.
When asked if he expected to play Thursday in Edmonton, Green would only say, “We’ll see.”
Washington coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn’t tell reporters anything specific about Green’s status.
“He’s okay,” Boudreau said. “He had a couple bumps and bruises from the last game. We just decided with a couple days of practice available to us there’s no sense rushing it.”
Green had four points in Saturday’s big 7-1 victory over the Red Wings. He leads all Caps in ice time, averaging 22:45 per game.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)