Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green is hurting. Whether he’s actually “hurt” isn’t clear.
According to Katie Carrera at the Washington Post, Green was walking with a “rather severe limp” today at the team’s practice facility. His right foot was also wrapped.
When asked if he expected to play Thursday in Edmonton, Green would only say, “We’ll see.”
Washington coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn’t tell reporters anything specific about Green’s status.
“He’s okay,” Boudreau said. “He had a couple bumps and bruises from the last game. We just decided with a couple days of practice available to us there’s no sense rushing it.”
Green had four points in Saturday’s big 7-1 victory over the Red Wings. He leads all Caps in ice time, averaging 22:45 per game.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)