Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Capitals defenseman Mike Green is hurting. Whether he’s actually “hurt” isn’t clear.
According to Katie Carrera at the Washington Post, Green was walking with a “rather severe limp” today at the team’s practice facility. His right foot was also wrapped.
When asked if he expected to play Thursday in Edmonton, Green would only say, “We’ll see.”
Washington coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn’t tell reporters anything specific about Green’s status.
“He’s okay,” Boudreau said. “He had a couple bumps and bruises from the last game. We just decided with a couple days of practice available to us there’s no sense rushing it.”
Green had four points in Saturday’s big 7-1 victory over the Red Wings. He leads all Caps in ice time, averaging 22:45 per game.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)