Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green is hurting. Whether he’s actually “hurt” isn’t clear.
According to Katie Carrera at the Washington Post, Green was walking with a “rather severe limp” today at the team’s practice facility. His right foot was also wrapped.
When asked if he expected to play Thursday in Edmonton, Green would only say, “We’ll see.”
Washington coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn’t tell reporters anything specific about Green’s status.
“He’s okay,” Boudreau said. “He had a couple bumps and bruises from the last game. We just decided with a couple days of practice available to us there’s no sense rushing it.”
Green had four points in Saturday’s big 7-1 victory over the Red Wings. He leads all Caps in ice time, averaging 22:45 per game.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)