Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 PM EST
Capitals defenseman Mike Green is hurting. Whether he’s actually “hurt” isn’t clear.
According to Katie Carrera at the Washington Post, Green was walking with a “rather severe limp” today at the team’s practice facility. His right foot was also wrapped.
When asked if he expected to play Thursday in Edmonton, Green would only say, “We’ll see.”
Washington coach Bruce Boudreau wouldn’t tell reporters anything specific about Green’s status.
“He’s okay,” Boudreau said. “He had a couple bumps and bruises from the last game. We just decided with a couple days of practice available to us there’s no sense rushing it.”
Green had four points in Saturday’s big 7-1 victory over the Red Wings. He leads all Caps in ice time, averaging 22:45 per game.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 24
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)