Oct 24, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
He might be older now, but Martin Brodeur isn’t letting a pesky shoulder injury keep him at home while the Devils hit the road. Brodeur is traveling with the team to Los Angeles as the Devils start a three-game western road swing. It’s not decided if Brodeur will start against the Kings on Tuesday night,
Brodeur has played in just two games this year while Johan Hedberg has picked up the slack in his absence playing brilliantly in five games (four starts), winning three of them. Still, if the Devils are to be a playoff team this year, it’s got to be Brodeur tapping into the reserves and showing some of that old form again. At 39 years-old it’s a little tougher to work up to that level and he’s not about to be the 70 games per year player that he once was.
That said, he’s still a damn fine goalie and while he’s likely not going to face the Kings tomorrow night, getting him healthy again is the priority. Thankfully for the Devils, their other cagey veteran in Hedberg allows them to take their sweet time in getting Brodeur back on his feet. Here’s to hoping the Devils keep a big jar of Centrum vitamins around for those guys to split.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46