Oct 24, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
He might be older now, but Martin Brodeur isn’t letting a pesky shoulder injury keep him at home while the Devils hit the road. Brodeur is traveling with the team to Los Angeles as the Devils start a three-game western road swing. It’s not decided if Brodeur will start against the Kings on Tuesday night,
Brodeur has played in just two games this year while Johan Hedberg has picked up the slack in his absence playing brilliantly in five games (four starts), winning three of them. Still, if the Devils are to be a playoff team this year, it’s got to be Brodeur tapping into the reserves and showing some of that old form again. At 39 years-old it’s a little tougher to work up to that level and he’s not about to be the 70 games per year player that he once was.
That said, he’s still a damn fine goalie and while he’s likely not going to face the Kings tomorrow night, getting him healthy again is the priority. Thankfully for the Devils, their other cagey veteran in Hedberg allows them to take their sweet time in getting Brodeur back on his feet. Here’s to hoping the Devils keep a big jar of Centrum vitamins around for those guys to split.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33