Oct 24, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
He might be older now, but Martin Brodeur isn’t letting a pesky shoulder injury keep him at home while the Devils hit the road. Brodeur is traveling with the team to Los Angeles as the Devils start a three-game western road swing. It’s not decided if Brodeur will start against the Kings on Tuesday night,
Brodeur has played in just two games this year while Johan Hedberg has picked up the slack in his absence playing brilliantly in five games (four starts), winning three of them. Still, if the Devils are to be a playoff team this year, it’s got to be Brodeur tapping into the reserves and showing some of that old form again. At 39 years-old it’s a little tougher to work up to that level and he’s not about to be the 70 games per year player that he once was.
That said, he’s still a damn fine goalie and while he’s likely not going to face the Kings tomorrow night, getting him healthy again is the priority. Thankfully for the Devils, their other cagey veteran in Hedberg allows them to take their sweet time in getting Brodeur back on his feet. Here’s to hoping the Devils keep a big jar of Centrum vitamins around for those guys to split.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63