Oct 24, 2011, 8:26 PM EDT
For one breathtaking moment, a stunned Philadelphia crowd was allowed to forget about Chris Pronger‘s health. Some were transported to the 2008 playoffs (when he scored his most recent NHL goal) while many more traveled to his dominant run in the ’90s.
Either way, Jaromir Jagr scored about as gorgeous a first Flyers goal as you could ask for tonight. He cashed in on a breakaway goal that reminded nostalgic types of the days when he dominated the NHL in a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey (while donning that infamous mullet). Some might find cruel coincidence that it came as a result of a high-sticking penalty, but it was a beautiful moment on an ugly night nonetheless.
Sure, it took him eight games, but the 39-year-old winger deserves a salute for that highlight reel effort.
Update: Jagr finished the night with a second breakaway goal and added an assist, as the Flyers beat the Leafs 4-2.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)