Oct 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Rangers coach John Tortorella isn’t always the sweetest guy in post-game press conferences. I know, shocking news there, but after the Rangers’ 2-0 loss to Edmonton, instead of blowing up at a reporter to two Tortorella kept it simple.
Brutally simple. (Video at MSG website)
If you can’t see the video, here’s your verbal gold.
“This is gonna be really quick. I am not taking any questions. We sucked from head to toe and we need to move by it. So I’m not going to dissect with you guys. I know you have to do your job, but I’m not answering any questions. OK?”
We’re being blessed by wonderful post-game quotes from coaches. It was Barry Trotz a few days ago with his rear-end-reaming rant against his Predators and now Tortorella gets in on the act here.
One thing that we were already excited about just shot up the ladder concerning Tortorella: The Rangers’ appearances on HBO’s 24/7 are going to be absolutely electrifying.
It’s a bummer that the Rangers are agitating Tortorella like this now before their cameras are following them all over the place. If this kind of maddening play from New York continues, however, we might actually see Tortorella pop a blood vessel when “dissecting” the Rangers’ play with reporters in December.
Get your popcorn ready, kids.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic