Oct 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Rangers coach John Tortorella isn’t always the sweetest guy in post-game press conferences. I know, shocking news there, but after the Rangers’ 2-0 loss to Edmonton, instead of blowing up at a reporter to two Tortorella kept it simple.
Brutally simple. (Video at MSG website)
If you can’t see the video, here’s your verbal gold.
“This is gonna be really quick. I am not taking any questions. We sucked from head to toe and we need to move by it. So I’m not going to dissect with you guys. I know you have to do your job, but I’m not answering any questions. OK?”
We’re being blessed by wonderful post-game quotes from coaches. It was Barry Trotz a few days ago with his rear-end-reaming rant against his Predators and now Tortorella gets in on the act here.
One thing that we were already excited about just shot up the ladder concerning Tortorella: The Rangers’ appearances on HBO’s 24/7 are going to be absolutely electrifying.
It’s a bummer that the Rangers are agitating Tortorella like this now before their cameras are following them all over the place. If this kind of maddening play from New York continues, however, we might actually see Tortorella pop a blood vessel when “dissecting” the Rangers’ play with reporters in December.
Get your popcorn ready, kids.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)