Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov is having a decent start to his first season in Philadelphia. Of course, after a couple losses in a row things are getting grumbly in Philly and after a 4-2 loss to St. Louis, Bryzgalov offered up some insight as to why he struggled a bit in holding off the plucky Blues.
Bryzgalov said to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he had issues communicating with his defensemen in the third period that led to the put-away goal. Getting going with a new team can have some problems like that, but in Philly these things get magnified. A lot.
For Bryzgalov, he made it as plain as day how he wants things to go when it comes to the puck being played around his net.
“We have to establish it because it needs to be very simple,” Bryzgalov said. “We need to have three words and everybody has to know these words: play it, leave it or over.
“Not everybody comes up with his own words, like, ‘I’ll pick up’, or ‘don’t touch’ or something like that. It needs to be a simple three words so everybody understands everybody and we’re all on the same page. And then we won’t have this problem in the future.”
All right so that’s not exactly three words, but it is that simple. These sorts of issues should’ve been taken care of in training camp and preseason games. Good thing for Bryzgalov he’s got nine years to get it all worked out in Philly.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)