Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is having a decent start to his first season in Philadelphia. Of course, after a couple losses in a row things are getting grumbly in Philly and after a 4-2 loss to St. Louis, Bryzgalov offered up some insight as to why he struggled a bit in holding off the plucky Blues.
Bryzgalov said to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he had issues communicating with his defensemen in the third period that led to the put-away goal. Getting going with a new team can have some problems like that, but in Philly these things get magnified. A lot.
For Bryzgalov, he made it as plain as day how he wants things to go when it comes to the puck being played around his net.
“We have to establish it because it needs to be very simple,” Bryzgalov said. “We need to have three words and everybody has to know these words: play it, leave it or over.
“Not everybody comes up with his own words, like, ‘I’ll pick up’, or ‘don’t touch’ or something like that. It needs to be a simple three words so everybody understands everybody and we’re all on the same page. And then we won’t have this problem in the future.”
All right so that’s not exactly three words, but it is that simple. These sorts of issues should’ve been taken care of in training camp and preseason games. Good thing for Bryzgalov he’s got nine years to get it all worked out in Philly.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)