Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is having a decent start to his first season in Philadelphia. Of course, after a couple losses in a row things are getting grumbly in Philly and after a 4-2 loss to St. Louis, Bryzgalov offered up some insight as to why he struggled a bit in holding off the plucky Blues.
Bryzgalov said to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he had issues communicating with his defensemen in the third period that led to the put-away goal. Getting going with a new team can have some problems like that, but in Philly these things get magnified. A lot.
For Bryzgalov, he made it as plain as day how he wants things to go when it comes to the puck being played around his net.
“We have to establish it because it needs to be very simple,” Bryzgalov said. “We need to have three words and everybody has to know these words: play it, leave it or over.
“Not everybody comes up with his own words, like, ‘I’ll pick up’, or ‘don’t touch’ or something like that. It needs to be a simple three words so everybody understands everybody and we’re all on the same page. And then we won’t have this problem in the future.”
All right so that’s not exactly three words, but it is that simple. These sorts of issues should’ve been taken care of in training camp and preseason games. Good thing for Bryzgalov he’s got nine years to get it all worked out in Philly.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)