Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov is having a decent start to his first season in Philadelphia. Of course, after a couple losses in a row things are getting grumbly in Philly and after a 4-2 loss to St. Louis, Bryzgalov offered up some insight as to why he struggled a bit in holding off the plucky Blues.
Bryzgalov said to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he had issues communicating with his defensemen in the third period that led to the put-away goal. Getting going with a new team can have some problems like that, but in Philly these things get magnified. A lot.
For Bryzgalov, he made it as plain as day how he wants things to go when it comes to the puck being played around his net.
“We have to establish it because it needs to be very simple,” Bryzgalov said. “We need to have three words and everybody has to know these words: play it, leave it or over.
“Not everybody comes up with his own words, like, ‘I’ll pick up’, or ‘don’t touch’ or something like that. It needs to be a simple three words so everybody understands everybody and we’re all on the same page. And then we won’t have this problem in the future.”
All right so that’s not exactly three words, but it is that simple. These sorts of issues should’ve been taken care of in training camp and preseason games. Good thing for Bryzgalov he’s got nine years to get it all worked out in Philly.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)