Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov is having a decent start to his first season in Philadelphia. Of course, after a couple losses in a row things are getting grumbly in Philly and after a 4-2 loss to St. Louis, Bryzgalov offered up some insight as to why he struggled a bit in holding off the plucky Blues.
Bryzgalov said to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that he had issues communicating with his defensemen in the third period that led to the put-away goal. Getting going with a new team can have some problems like that, but in Philly these things get magnified. A lot.
For Bryzgalov, he made it as plain as day how he wants things to go when it comes to the puck being played around his net.
“We have to establish it because it needs to be very simple,” Bryzgalov said. “We need to have three words and everybody has to know these words: play it, leave it or over.
“Not everybody comes up with his own words, like, ‘I’ll pick up’, or ‘don’t touch’ or something like that. It needs to be a simple three words so everybody understands everybody and we’re all on the same page. And then we won’t have this problem in the future.”
All right so that’s not exactly three words, but it is that simple. These sorts of issues should’ve been taken care of in training camp and preseason games. Good thing for Bryzgalov he’s got nine years to get it all worked out in Philly.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)