Oct 23, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
Jonathan Quick and the Los Angeles Kings will probably need to continue their impressive lock down without Drew Doughty for at least another game. The Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports that Doughty isn’t likely to be ready for Tuesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils, even if that was the first game he was eligible to return.
The Kings might actually benefit from banding together without their star defensemen. Their other would-be star Jack Johnson is actually developing a reputation for playing better when Doughty’s not around, for one thing.
Let there be no doubt that the team wants their offensive defenseman back as soon as he’s healthy, though. Considering the prolonged and strained negotiation process, this is the equivalent to driving a Ferrari around the block a few times only to need to return it to the shop for repairs.
We’ll let you know when word surfaces that Doughty should be back in the fold.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)