Oct 23, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
Jonathan Quick and the Los Angeles Kings will probably need to continue their impressive lock down without Drew Doughty for at least another game. The Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports that Doughty isn’t likely to be ready for Tuesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils, even if that was the first game he was eligible to return.
The Kings might actually benefit from banding together without their star defensemen. Their other would-be star Jack Johnson is actually developing a reputation for playing better when Doughty’s not around, for one thing.
Let there be no doubt that the team wants their offensive defenseman back as soon as he’s healthy, though. Considering the prolonged and strained negotiation process, this is the equivalent to driving a Ferrari around the block a few times only to need to return it to the shop for repairs.
We’ll let you know when word surfaces that Doughty should be back in the fold.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)