Oct 23, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
Jonathan Quick and the Los Angeles Kings will probably need to continue their impressive lock down without Drew Doughty for at least another game. The Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott reports that Doughty isn’t likely to be ready for Tuesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils, even if that was the first game he was eligible to return.
The Kings might actually benefit from banding together without their star defensemen. Their other would-be star Jack Johnson is actually developing a reputation for playing better when Doughty’s not around, for one thing.
Let there be no doubt that the team wants their offensive defenseman back as soon as he’s healthy, though. Considering the prolonged and strained negotiation process, this is the equivalent to driving a Ferrari around the block a few times only to need to return it to the shop for repairs.
We’ll let you know when word surfaces that Doughty should be back in the fold.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)