Oct 22, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets headed into the final minute of tonight’s game against Ottawa with a 3-2 lead and headed towards their first win of the season and ending their miserable start to the year.
In a span of 31 seconds during the final minute of play, however, the Blue Jackets lost the lead and the game failing yet again 4-3. Now you can watch the Blue Jackets’ agony all happen at once as Jason Spezza and Milan Michalek beat Steve Mason in the closing minute. The Jackets have some injuries, but it’s looking more and more like Steve Mason is not the guy to help this team win anything aside from a pity contest.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2