Oct 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Hockey fans were treated to videos of two buzzer beaters on Friday morning, as Dany Heatley and Ryan McDonagh scored huge and timely goals.
Corey Perry‘s buzzer beater against the Dallas Stars was a little more bitter sweet for three reasons.
1. It came at the end of the second period.
2. The Anaheim Ducks still lost.
3. Perry essentially redeemed himself for an earlier mistake when he nullified a goal by taking a dopey goalie interference penalty.
Still, it’s fun to see a puck hit the net in the dying seconds (unless that goal is scored against your team). With that in mind, enjoy this clip of Perry’s clock-defiant tally.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)