Oct 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Hockey fans were treated to videos of two buzzer beaters on Friday morning, as Dany Heatley and Ryan McDonagh scored huge and timely goals.
Corey Perry‘s buzzer beater against the Dallas Stars was a little more bitter sweet for three reasons.
1. It came at the end of the second period.
2. The Anaheim Ducks still lost.
3. Perry essentially redeemed himself for an earlier mistake when he nullified a goal by taking a dopey goalie interference penalty.
Still, it’s fun to see a puck hit the net in the dying seconds (unless that goal is scored against your team). With that in mind, enjoy this clip of Perry’s clock-defiant tally.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)