Oct 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Hockey fans were treated to videos of two buzzer beaters on Friday morning, as Dany Heatley and Ryan McDonagh scored huge and timely goals.
Corey Perry‘s buzzer beater against the Dallas Stars was a little more bitter sweet for three reasons.
1. It came at the end of the second period.
2. The Anaheim Ducks still lost.
3. Perry essentially redeemed himself for an earlier mistake when he nullified a goal by taking a dopey goalie interference penalty.
Still, it’s fun to see a puck hit the net in the dying seconds (unless that goal is scored against your team). With that in mind, enjoy this clip of Perry’s clock-defiant tally.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31