Oct 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Hockey fans were treated to videos of two buzzer beaters on Friday morning, as Dany Heatley and Ryan McDonagh scored huge and timely goals.
Corey Perry‘s buzzer beater against the Dallas Stars was a little more bitter sweet for three reasons.
1. It came at the end of the second period.
2. The Anaheim Ducks still lost.
3. Perry essentially redeemed himself for an earlier mistake when he nullified a goal by taking a dopey goalie interference penalty.
Still, it’s fun to see a puck hit the net in the dying seconds (unless that goal is scored against your team). With that in mind, enjoy this clip of Perry’s clock-defiant tally.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40