Oct 22, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
Most Montreal Canadiens fans believe that Scott Gomez fails to earn his ridiculous salary. That will be even less debatable during at least the next week, as the highly paid center is expected to miss at least that long with an upper body injury according to The Canadian Press.
TSN hints that Gomez is dealing with shoulder issues stemming from Thursday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Habs head coach Jacques Martin said that the injury could keep Gomez out “a couple weeks or longer,” so Montreal might need to prepare for him to miss a considerable amount of time. It’s unclear if he’ll go on the injured reserve, which is a relevant question considering his $7.36 million salary cap hit.
Either way, it’s unlikely that Gomez will be missed much. He carried over his flat play from 2010-11 so far, as he only has one assist in six games.
Gomez bashing aside, the Canadiens are banged up and off to a tough start this season. They hope to get things on track against the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, which could be a slightly tougher task with the return of winger Clarke MacArthur.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 0
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 20
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 20
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)