Oct 22, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Most Montreal Canadiens fans believe that Scott Gomez fails to earn his ridiculous salary. That will be even less debatable during at least the next week, as the highly paid center is expected to miss at least that long with an upper body injury according to The Canadian Press.
TSN hints that Gomez is dealing with shoulder issues stemming from Thursday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Habs head coach Jacques Martin said that the injury could keep Gomez out “a couple weeks or longer,” so Montreal might need to prepare for him to miss a considerable amount of time. It’s unclear if he’ll go on the injured reserve, which is a relevant question considering his $7.36 million salary cap hit.
Either way, it’s unlikely that Gomez will be missed much. He carried over his flat play from 2010-11 so far, as he only has one assist in six games.
Gomez bashing aside, the Canadiens are banged up and off to a tough start this season. They hope to get things on track against the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, which could be a slightly tougher task with the return of winger Clarke MacArthur.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 4
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 40
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 16
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games